The EMP in Tiberiansun does not work correctly in the game

Radian

Question

The EMP in Tiberian sun does not work properly as it did in the classic Tiberiansun & Firestorm expansion. My game mates and I were discussing this just today. I had noticed it for a while but another friend of mine brought it up in conversation because it costed him the game in one instance.

So basically the bug works like this, in classic Tiberiansun, the EMP blast should temporarily freeze all non-infantry, tanks, harvesters, cyborgs, grounded aircraft, etc. within its radius. On TS/CNCNet, often times it will freeze a high percentage of those units it will effect, but not all of them. If I am on the defensive, and I am receiving a large number of cyborgs attacking me for instance, and I EMP them, at least 2 or 3 wont be temporarily frozen, and they walk freely. In my friend's case, when 4 or 5 disruptors plus a MSA landed in his base (fully landed, carry-alls fully dis-mounted), and following his EMP, the MSA and 1 disruptor were still working and attacking.

This changes the dynamics of the game, and I (and I am sure my other TS friends would agree) should be fixed if it can be.

Thank you for reading Dev's.

1 answer to this question