question about movie files

ross13

are the ones up for grabs with the installer 3.0+ better than the original movies from a cd? coz i installed my red alert using alleged original disc's that ive downloaded off a torrent and the movie seems a bit blurry, i know that its an old game but seeing as EA has released it for freeware and some people have already made adjustments to it like compatibility and such perhaps they have also made adjustments to the movie files say tweak them to be more up to date like a bit more watchable? because if it is, i will be redownloading the whole game but if not then guess i'll still to what i have

the videos files are still the same, but they still look better in the 3.0+ installer cause of the newly added deinterlace

i added some pictures so you can compare

you dont need to redownload the game btw, choose the folder of your current installation in the installer and choose "patch existing version"

installer-version.png.7b874b6d61e0cfeb14faaba200a02134.png

original-red-alert.png.91e5d246d5f94bff2d2f7f648f6e6e10.png

tnx for the info..the improvement is a great help, such a shame we cant get these in better videos...coz it seems to me the newer versions of red alert had a decline in their quality of videos, like they shot it in some random basement, atleast the old red alert videos gave you a more militaristic feel to it like your in a real war something that was lost to me especially in RA3