So irritating cant take the cursor dissappearing

Vancer2

Question

Theres nothing more annoying that the feeling of me having a good game and then *bloop* the cursor disappears and i have to alt f4. Is there any way to fix this. I read in a post earlier that its a DDraw error. But is there a way to fix it?

13 answers to this question

nope, open the config tool aka RedAlertConfig.exe and go to video options, uncheck CnC-DDraw

What kind of red alert are you using ? In case you don't have the config tool, here's an patch to update your installation:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1918.0

that might also solve the cursor problem since a patch regarding this problem has been added in there too

i have 2.00 because i have modded mine with new units and tech trees :] basically it looks like cnc  td but with a ra 95 twist but im worried about losing everything if i were to update as its all i have I even copied the original TD SAM attack animations to RA95 which was thought impossible :] but i proved them wrong :DDDDD

If you are going to disable CnC-DDraw, I suggest you to enable Windows 98 compatibility mode in the main game executable (ra95.exe), and take a read in this thread. DirectDraw have serious issues with multi-core computers, and enabling this compatibility mode will automatically set the game yo only use one core.

Note that in Windows 8, I would recommend you to simple Install the Optative DirectX 9.0c components in order to get a better directdraw support.