can't download Redalert1_online.exe lobby

Riseofbane

Question

After clicking the file (either from cnc95 install in the cnc95launcher screen or the file itself after the extraction), I get this error during the download and cannot get to the lobby because download is cancled.

I am using Vistas on this pc. Worked fine with laptop with xp..

please refer the attached file.

Edit: It just worked with Minra, it just doesn't seem to work with Tiberian Dawn. Damn hifi do something to TD ! :D TD is so buggy.

Presentation1.gif.46c5ea49760eaed23f1021e89224c180.gif

7 answers to this question

Seems like the version of Avast! you are using doesn't like that modified version of C&C95.exe for some reason.

An old RA build had an issue with anti virus as well. But that was a false positive and I'm sure that this is a false positive as well.

On 6/9/2013 at 2:13 PM, ProjectL said:

i got avast disabled(i always do because it just deletes half of the games that weren't virus included) and still get this error

if it's disabled and its still not working then you really should think about getting another anti virus program.. I use Avira and never got such problems

i got avast disabled(i always do because it just deletes half of the games that weren't virus included) and still get this error

if its disabled and its still not working then you really should think about getting another anti virus program :P i use Avira and never got such problems

it works now, i don't know what was wrong before but possibly avast didn't get disabled completly and yes maybe i should get a new antivirus program cause avast can't make a difference between a virus and a shared file