CnC/RA as MMO-RTS

RA_fan

Hello guys,

I have a question related to CnC/RA series (especially the first ones). There is a resource possibility to make something like "online RTS" in the setting - single giant map, where 100+ players build their minibases, capture key points (e.g. ore growers, villages, etc.), research technologies, a little unit construction. Initially, the idea was based on Warzone 2100 RTS (unit constructor is the best!), but then I remembered the C&C/RA series - setting and graphics are kinda cute even today. And it will be possible to launch this game on mobile devices (but I don't know how playable it will be there).

I would like to know if anybody wants to play this kind of game.

Thank you for your attention!

Thank you for the question!

So, the game balance may be managed this like: "high levels" will get much more profit by fighting individualy, when for "low levels" there will be profit to create small groups and trying to beat high-levels (tactical zerg rush :) ). Oh and it will be quite hard for active conquerors to defend all their captured key points.

The game process itself MAY BE (only early concept) the following, for example: when player logs in, he will be thrown to the game map with selected units plus MCV. He finds a nice place to build a base and builds his best units here (the more powerfull is unit - the much time and credits it will takes to create it). Then he attacks enemy positions or captures key points. Or maybe he will build the guard lines. When player quits, his buildings and units will be presented to another player or just destroyed (please suggest your vision on this!).

Regarding balance, I think it will makes sence to have a little more hardcore version of gameplay than original "zerg rush".

For example, armored vehicles and tanks will no longer take damage from soldier rifles, medium tank can resist only a few shots of enemy cannons, units may have a Skill property that affects attack range, damage and reloading, etc.

Currently I'm thinking about the possibility for soldiers to occupy houses and bunkers and use them as pillboxes (like in Sudden Strike). Yes, I want to have something SuddenStrike-like gameplay in CnC/RA setting and with base building.