Ideas on building and units

Riseofbane

• increase health point of weapon factory little bit? so it takes maybe couple of more hits from bike, but still destroyable by 1 nuke or ion cannon.

• Give ability to engineer to repair the buildings just like RA?

• make air strike purchasable (to GDI) and only 1 time use per purchase? cost maybe around 1000.

• add naval structures and unit? so we can use them in the water map.

Discuss and suggest more if you have new ideas.

1. This is a good idea, and quite frankly dealing with bike rushes is the hardest thing I still have to do

2. sounds useful but not sure if it can be done

3. How exactly would that work? just randomly buy an airstrike out of nowhere? Again I'm not sure it can be done

4. Given that gunboats can only move horizontally this would have very little use, again I'm not sure this can be coded in or made to happen

The only person AFAIK who could maybe do that is Nyerguds and since he already said he doesn't want to change gameplay in any shape or form I don't think its going to happen.

adding airstrike after comm center but it's only 1 use just like crate and it will cost money to produce. So basically you need money to use them just like unit production. It will also cost around 1500 or more so it's not really giving any advantage to GDI unless you have loads of money to spend on which will less likely to happen in serious match.

how you like the idea?

about the navy force, there is carrier that moves vertically (one that carries unit in GDI mission1), so maybe gunboat can do that.. idk.

adding airstrike after comm center but it's only 1 use just like crate and it will cost money to produce. So basically you need money to use them just like unit production. It will also cost around 1500 or more so it's not really giving any advantage to GDI unless you have loads of money to spend on which will less likely to happen in serious match.

how you like the idea?

I think that was clearly concluded in a previous topic that such changes are near from impossible.

about the navy force, there is carrier that moves vertically (one that carries unit in GDI mission1), so maybe gunboat can do that.. idk.

Gunboat is weird. I've managed to make it move vertically using waypoints, but it just use an horizontal sprite, and he will just start to move horizontally after the last waypoint is reached. When it reach the ground, it just continue moving. You can't control gunboat, but it seems that they obbey triggers.

Give ability to engineer to repair the buildings just like RA?

add naval structures and unit? so we can use them in the water map.

Rule #1 Of Playing Old Games:

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FEATURES THAT WERE ADDED IN ITS SUCCESSORS.

Nyerguds, over and out.

I have to agree with him... Again, in a previous topic it was concluded that such changes are near from impossible.

Changing the health of the WF is a drastic balance change I am not in the least fond of (even while being more of a GDI player myself). This would make GDI near unstoppable in early tank rush.

About the gunboat, pichorra kind of summed it up - it's weird. Back in the day, players on wchat ladder used hacks to build gunboats, they would just pop out of the WF and do their patrol throughout the whole map East to West and back and forth. Hovercraft can only move South-North, leave units and go back. Although I've once 'evacuated' a unit on a hovercraft. The LST got bugged and remained on shore, so I ordered the commando that just got out to go back in again, and when he did, the LST carried him off the map. In conclusion, a working navy in TD is impossible even with heavy modding and hacking.

Engineers being able to repair is one of the nicer additions in RA. Let's leave it at that. It's a major balance AND gameplay change for TD. If I had to bet some money on it, I think it would make Nod much stronger, they have a tough airfield and very powerful defences (assuming engineers will be able to fix an obelisk f. ex.).

The one-time airstrike when you build a comm. centre/AGT (if you want it just for GDI) is something that just might be possible. I've done it in a test version of my Desert Duel map and it worked flawlessly in skirmish with AI, but I never tested it with another player. Funky said it would go OOS, but I still haven't gotten empirical confirmation of that. I have the triggers lying around somewhere in a .txt, maybe some time we can test it with players.

Another topic of "harass the hacker"?

Stop it. I'm not even TAKING suggestions at the moment, and I won't be in the near future either. I want to get this thing ported to hifi's handy development platform, and finally implement ini modding. Beyond that, fuck off, I won't spend any time on any stuff unless it's not balance altering in any way and is easy to implement with the information I already have.

Also, with the 30+ degree celsius temperatures I'm having here at the moment, it's a chore to even boot up my PC, since it makes my room too hot to sleep in.

I don't mind some healthy discussion on subjects like these, but this is annoying me. LOCKED.