Is mission "Capture and protect the captured" possible to create?

Alley

I want to create a mission where the task is to capture enemy Construction Yard(CY) and War Factory(WF) and to quarantee those buildings safety then by destroying all enemy units and structures. :)

I know there are regular Red Alert missions where the task is to capture and to destroy all enemy units and structures but I can sell, destroy or allow to destroy the structures that have been captured in that mission... I want that in my mission it would be required to keep and protect also the captured structures until the mission have been accomplished which means that destroying those would cause also mission failed.

Here are more accurate description of this mission:

• Destroying or selling enemy or captured CY should cause mission failed immediately.
  • Destroying or selling enemy or captured WF should be allowed if enemy CY still exist because the enemy should be able to rebuild the WF. However without enemy CY existing this also should cause mission failed.
  • Then destroying all other enemy structures and units should cause mission accomplished but allowing the enemy to destroy all own units and structures before this should also cause mission failed.

Is this mission possible to create? :roll:

I did something like this before

I can't find the post but there are a number of limitations

1. The building has to be unique on the map (i.e. if a second one is present it doesn't work)

2. That has to the the only building the particular house owns (you can use USSR for base and then badguy for capture target or something)

that's basically it

I also think that if I use Multi5 and Ukraine to remind like one country on map then the problem may-be still that the orange will not rebuild the structures. Or if I use separate structures for the buildings that must be captured then who knows which of those 2 similar must be captured. :huh: Am I right?

well the method has to involve using the 'building exists' trigger and 'destroyed all buildings <faction>' leaving for the buildings actual destruction to be placed on it.

I have used this sort of technique in one of my missions where you have to capture and protect a Bio-lab

I can dig up the full trigger list if you like, but I gave the basic needs

I found it.

The trigger names might be a bit misleading as I had to change the house in question from badguy to multi3 to get this to work

Name:      bdgy
Owner:     Multi3
Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)
Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Destroyed, Buildings, All...Multi3

Action 1:  Loser is... Greece

Triggers:  own

This trigger acknowledges the change of hands/ destruction of the building

Name:      die2
Owner:     Greece
Type:      and (event1 && event2 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Destroyed by anybody
Event 2:   Global is set... 1

Action 1:  Loser is... Greece

Linked to: Buildings - 1

This is the trigger you attach to the building, and is fired if it is destroyed AFTER you capture it.

Name:      own
Owner:     Greece
Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Building exists...Bio-Research Lab.

Action 1:  Global Set... 1
Action 2:  Destroy Trigger... bdgy

This trigger is fired if you capture it, and allows for the previous trigger's conditions to be met, as well as preventing the original trigger (i.e. destroy before capture) from happening

I would like to note that setting global to 1 is also part of the victory conditions

This kind of structure can be created multiple times, but I already pointed out the limitations so its difficult to get more than one application within one mission, but using Spain's colour house (i.e Gold) you could get 3 to 4 instances of this on the same colour (spain, Multi1, Special, Neutral all use this colour)

Okay, this looks much better ingame. :D Although I am not sure is this a solution if 2 buildings must be captured in mission. :huh: But thank you! :) At least I think I have an idea now how to jab those triggers clever enough to get closer. :D

• 4 months later...