To Iran Regarding Tiberian Sun Cheats

Retired

Iran asking for TS cheats:

http://xwis.net/forums/index.php/topic/179444-ts-cheats/#entry1552908

here you go:

***sent in a pm to iran***

trainers people use and a shroud to fog cheat people use a lot. fog cheat works by creating a expand file that renames the "fog.shp" file "shroud.shp". you can pretty much replace most graphic assets like this and have it work online. one time i made giant tiberian fiends so the anticheat would show pictures of giant fiends when submitted after the match to scare people lol.

theres also a infinite firestorm glitch as well as a build anywhere glitch that you can do by exploiting a sidebar bug.

anyway good luck supporting ts

also, i think it would probably be best not to worry about cheating at all. the biggest chinese red alert 2 server has 100s upon 100s of players and no anticheat protection. if you cheat odds are theyll cheat you back. all they care about is getting as many games in as possible. they play a lot and will start matches with uneven teams they have a go go go mindset play play play shut up and play mentality lol. makes xwis looks like a joke. i recommend the same mentality here tiberian sun is known for having a massive cheater community. most if not all the ts community has been caught cheating. no im not joking. they all have then they act like they want anti cheating while they cheat lol

You should have PMed Iran and not posted this.... No point in spreading the cheats around more.

pm'd him link. but again id like to stress that cheating is a large part of tiberian sun and always has been. its been completely unmoderated until like 8 months ago when a guy who used to help hack the server in the westwood days decided he wanted to have control over xwis and started suggesting anticheat for tiberian sun like they offered for red alert 2. he doesnt even play tiberian sun he just wants control over the server and community thats the fun he gets out of the game. people still cheat tho. its a big joke which is why i think just supporting the game is all you need to do and the community will be fine the way it always has been with the cheating when they want to. i really cant stress enough as someone who has played ts since it came out that we are used to it and its part of the community. there are bigger things to focus on like trying to make the game popular again

Thanks a lot!

One of the trainers you linked me has a '131 players' option, do you have any idea what this is supposed to do? There's a trainer with the name "Player" in it which doesn't start unless Tiberian Sun is also started, and then it doesn't show a window. Any idea what that trainer does?

I've seen some radar hack RA2 screenshots, anything like that for TS?

Edit: The trainer with the '131' players option doesn't seem to work for me, I'm running Windows 8.

Thanks a lot!

One of the trainers you linked me has a '131 players' option, do you have any idea what this is supposed to do? There's a trainer with the name "Player" in it which doesn't start unless Tiberian Sun is also started, and then it doesn't show a window. Any idea what that trainer does?

I've seen some radar hack RA2 screenshots, anything like that for TS?

Edit: The trainer with the '131' players option doesn't seem to work for me, I'm running Windows 8.

player trainer and 131 players are both the same cheat. it allows you to make game rooms online with up to 8 players because by default the game only lets you make game rooms where 4 people can play even though the game comes with maps for 8 players i guess if you want to play with 4 people then add 4 bots. those patches simply let you make game rooms that can host 8. the 131 basically is a joke turning your game room into a massive chatroom people can join.

yes theres a radar hack for tiberian sun as well as a map reveal i personally dont use that but i see a lot of ts people use it. im curious myself which trainer has that lol. i know theres a few different trainers i didnt choose to keep. i usually just use the fog hack myself when i want to cheat. i made the fog hack even though its easy to make. i made also a fake screenshot fog hack that has black borders s you can fill the transparent fog inwith black in photoshop to trick people lol. but these days if i cheat i just use fog cheat. nobody knows youre using it unlike msot other cheats. radar hack is just dumb in my opinion if you use fog hack.

idk if pm system is working my message isnt showing up. ill just paste it here. on the websitei  linked you to with ts cheats i uploaded the ra2 and yuri cheats there too now

there is a working free radar trainer somewhere. i dont have it.

theres also a working map reveal trainer somewhere.

infinite firestorm still works in v2.03. you can only do it online. it involves blowing up or selling the firestorm and activating it a second before it explodes. the lag delay in the game from online play will activate it even though it just blew up or got sold a second before activation and it will stay on forever.

the trainers for tiberian sun were largely made by a group called apax team which used source files from donutman who made the popular red alert 2 trainers. there was also another guy who made more extensive trainers for tiberian sun that worked better. he was trying to sell for money a long time ago. he gave me a copy but i lost it now. it had pretty much all the same cheats like map reveal, tech cheats, radar, etc but worked better overall.

theres a trainer designed to spam the lobby of ts, as well as use 50 different house colors in multiplayer etc.

ill see if i can find a map reveal and free radar for tiberian sun. i used to have a geocities website with like a dozen trainers but geocities isnt around anymore. they mainly all had the same cheats map reveal, tech cheats, radar, etc. nothing too out of the ordinary besides maybe the instant win cheats which sped up your game really fast and would make it look like the game lasted hours. it would being up the disconnect screen and since it sped the game up so fast the countdown would countdown really fast and give you a free win. kind of stupid but it worked lol. its usually obvious when someone uses it cause their game times is different than other player.

i just updated the tscheats download on the link i gave you with a working map reveal trainer as well as another trainer that has a lot of cheats that work offline but has a working minimap aka free radar cheat.

the multi trainer also has a minimap aka free radar. you have to push tab ingame to bring up the minimap after activated.

Interesting that the shroud works that way in TS. I think in C&C1 the SHP is only used to draw the edges. I distinctly remember experiments where my graphics got messed due to me accidentally removing some file, and the edges of the shroud disappeared, but the actual unrevealed terrain remained as black blocks.

Maybe the same can be done in TS... simply drawing black rects there instead of a SHP frame for the actual shroud.

The easiest way to fight with cheating, would be program which scans local game folder for search of any unaccepted files selected by community. However, the problem is that the trainer can be run out of the game folder, and / or replace official files with corrupted ones.

I've seen such application in StarCraft. It's called "ICCup Launcher" and it includes Anti Hack. I have no idea how it works - because i'm not a programmer - but i never seen a hacks during games using ICCup Launcher.

Hence why, for this one, simply making the game handle the full shroud cells differently should solve it :P

[edit]

Ugh, right, in TS they're like, diamond shaped rather than simple rectangles. Still, think the engine should be able to fill one programmatically... -_-