Performance Issues With CNC5 Tiberian Sun

Retired

My aircraft seem to glitch out more where they dont register as on the helipads to reload than on XWIS. I also notice more lag spikes and the mouse sometimes flickers and sticks. I'm on Windows 7 and haven't experienced these problems when I played on XWIS. I just noticed while playing I was very frustrated by the performance of the game which has never happened to me in the past playing the game since it came out like I have. I'm playing Tunneled. I havent been able to get peer to peer to work yet.

>My aircraft seem to glitch out more where they dont register as on the helipads to reload than on XWIS.

Haven't heard anyone else experience this and I have no experience with TS myself, so I can't help you with that. All I know is that I didn't touch any of the code nor can I think of anything that affects this.

>I also notice more lag spikes

The netcode is different (more like the LAN netcode) so there's less delay when giving orders. As a result of that there is less 'smooth' lag when playing compared to XWIS. It seems to mostly depend on the player, which I think is the issue you're experiencing. There's a guy from Pakistan and another guy from Eastern Europe who both lag badly. The tunnel server you're using might also be lagging, the last few days the UK tunnel server has been acting up.

> I just noticed while playing I was very frustrated by the performance of the game which has never happened to me in the past playing the game

Is there a ddraw.dll file in your game folder? If you load the config tool is the 'Use graphics patch(er)' option enabled or disabled?

I'm now playing with peer to peer although sometimes people have had trouble joining. I'm not experiencing any problems when using peer to peer. i dont think im going to touch tunnel again.

i ended up quitting a few games while using tunnel because my bombers were not reloading properly at all. half of them werent reloading. same with another game as nod. the banshees would return home and land on top of each other. that combined with the mouse sticking etc drove me crazy.