Looking for an advanced mapping guide

Zjorz

Im currently interested in creating a crate map. When comparing a regular map with the existing crate map i notice a lot of settings i never seen before. Does anybody know where i can find a detailed guide that explains them? Thanks

Example:

[General]

CrateMinimum=8

CrateMaximum=20

CrateRadius=3.0

CrateRegen=3

UnitCrateType=none

[Multi8]

Allies=Germany

[Powerups]

Armor=10,ARMOR,2.0

Cloak=5,STEALTH2

Darkness=3,EMPULSE

Explosion=5,NONE,500

Firepower=10,FPOWER,2.0

HealBase=3,INVUN

ICBM=10,MISSILE2

Money=50,DOLLAR,2000

Napalm=5,NONE,600

ParaBomb=10,PARABOX

Reveal=5,EARTH

Sonar=3,SONARBOX

Speed=10,SPEED,1.7

Squad=20,NONE

Unit=20,NONE

Invulnerability=5,INVULBOX,1.0

TimeQuake=3,TQUAKE

[Recharge]

Nuke=3

ParaBomb=1

Saboteur=0

Sonar=0

Crate Minimum/maximum are defining of crates spawning numbers, which is simple I guess.

Crate Radius is area of effect (i.e. firepower bonus goes to all units in this radius etc)

Crate Regen is rate of crate spawning

UnitCrateType can be used to force a certain unit to appear from every crate that is randomly selected to give a unit (i.e. 2tnk always gives a medium tank for a unit)

With powerups the Variables work like this:

(Powerup Type - armour and cloak etc are each possible crate type), Then the first variable is the relative frequency at which they spawn (sum up all the numbers and then divide your variable by that total), so a higher number has then spawn more often.

The Text after says what animation to play, and there I think are things like Earth.shp and other bits in the MIX files. The final variable is dependent on the crate type, and is its game parameter, i.e. the game uses this value as its output, if it needs one. This is used for things like Money income or ability multipliers (like firepower). things like giving support weapons, units and certain others do not need this parameter value.

The recharge time is for any weapon/support that you activate yourself (like paratroopers, nukes etc) and is measured in minutes on the slowest speed setting.

hope this helps.