C&C ultimate coll. works on win8.1 pro 64bit with patch but you also need to do

BlueSteel

they have it setup to run in compatibility mode so you need to go into its directory and the .exe's properties (not the launcher the C&C95.exe and remove all compatibility settings then the game runs, I have it set to run at 1600*900 stretching everything ;). before i realized that they'd set the compatibility mode I'd been trying to get it to work for ages( at least 3-4 hours trying everything under the sun). I hope this helps others not have to go through the torment that i went though

The reason I never got around to fixing that is that in WinXP, all-users compatibility mode is basically a dirty registry hack. There's no support for it anywhere in the file settings, and it just acts like a compatibility mode that comes back no matter how many times you disable it.

[Registry]

Root: HKCU; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue

Root: HKLM; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue

Root: HKCU64; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue; Check: IsWin64

Root: HKLM64; Subkey: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers; ValueName: {app}\ra95.exe; Flags: deletevalue; Check: IsWin64

thats why i use :)