[TD] WIP Japanese Construction Yard

Kilkakon

Sorry, I was thinking about it unpacking from an MCV... then realised that it probably wont have one xD

Yeah, not a bad start. It reminds me a lot of the RA1 one though. (see, this is just because I totally expect aweome from you).

What if it actually was more like a yard, closer to the idea of the Dune 2.

Obviously these graphics suck, but it might spring some ideas.

(I feel bad because what you have is just a mock up, and the finished product might be something that I think is awesome!)

http://www.euronet.nl/users/jjk/images/dune2/construct.gif

http://ds.nahoo.net/images/Dune2-Atreides-Screen.jpg

-Liam

I can barely tell what those images are, sorry White. XD

I did think long and hard about ideas though yeah, going through Bing and through the various Construction Yards of games I own. Most of them generally follow the shed + crane paradigm, so trying to make something new is challenging.

I had an idea of a pivot robot-arm style building, where it was a semi-circle of crates and one cylinder that grabbed objects, but wasn't sure if that would have the affordance of a construction yard.

Is it just me or has the icon for personal messages (offline) changed to White's Stealth Tank?

Just found it, lol.

I think, Ultimately, it's up to you. Just my 2 cents to say that I think new ideas are cool, and that one just found (minecraft one), looks quite neat.

I don't know all the Jap buildings you have lines up, so maybe you'll have a theme, etc. Like I said, up to you in the end.

-Liam