wtf, a cheater?

Nyerguds

Question

I just played with a korean guy who called himself "WN"... sure, was a bit laggy because of the distance, but I said, what the heck, I just wanted to play.

I suggested trying out the CTF mode, and he enabled that.

Now, ingame, after a while, I saw sandbags creeping towards my base... so I told him to stop sandbag cheating and sent a grenadier there to destroy them. He put a guard tower at the end. I told him again to stop cheating, but he ignored me and kept going.

Now, near the end, I had managed to distract his Orca with 2 humvees and stole his flag with one of my harvesters. He immediately rushed all of his harvesters in to do the same thing. And when I actually got to my base, just before I would win... get this, he DISCONNECTED. Given the timing, I seriously doubt this was because of the distance. I mean, wtf? This isn't a ladder game, it's supposed to be just for fun... disconnecting doesn't make any difference.

The image speaks for itself:

cheater_WN.png

So? If I wanted I could cheat everyone to death. I know far more exploits in C&C than anyone else, starting with faster harvesting. But I don't. The point is, in multiplayer, you don't cheat. And in the friendly games environment we got here, there's no point in cheating either.

this is VERY hard to implement. I mightr be able to disable ALL overlay, but please remember... Tiberium IS OVERLAY TOO  -_-

Also, as you see I also built some sandbags to place my weapons factory. They are useful for that, but they can be abused.

Well, disconnecting was obviously cheating (Though there are no stats so it didn't matter, he lost as much as he would have lost even if he hadn't DCed)

but building a row of sandbags isn't cheating. It's a part of the game, it's called basewakling :P

So what dude? It's not CHEATING, because he's not abusing a bug or anything. At its worst, what he did was abuse an imbalance in the game, which can be lame, but it's not CHEATING. That's like saying spamming scorpions in the early days of Tiberium Wars was cheating.

CHEATING, because he's not abusing a bug or anything. At its worst, what he did was abuse an imbalance in the game, which can be lame, but it's not CHEATING. That's like saying spamming scorpions in the early days of Tiberium Wars was cheating.

base walking is abusing a Bug so your post Contradicts itself.

selling infantry is a bug (TD), Men walking on water is a bug (RA), unlimited firestorm is a bug (Unpatched TS)

There's a reason they made sure you can't build buildings on the end of sandbags in RA1 anymore you know. The fact sandbag base walking was possible was definitely never intended. Therefore, doing it is cheating. Or at least, an incredibly lame tactic. Which isn't appreciated on CnCNet.

It's not cheating more than building farms around your towers in WarCraft II to protect them is cheating. It wasn't intended, the developers didn't think of it, BUT IT'S NOT CHEATING BECAUSE IT'S NOT A BUG IN THE CODE

I mean lol, honestly, the way it works in C&C1 is that buildings let you build other buildings next to them (all buildings do this) so building a row of the cheapest building in the game is not a bug no matter how you look at it.

Red Alert 1:

; sandbag wall

[sBAG]

Strength=1

Armor=none

TechLevel=2

Sight=0

Owner=allies

Cost=25

Points=1

Repairable=false

Adjacent=1

(BaseNormal=no) <- regulary!

; ship yard

[sYRD]

Prerequisite=powr

Strength=1000

Armor=light

TechLevel=3

Sight=4

Owner=allies

Cost=650

Points=80

Power=-30

Adjacent=8

WaterBound=yes

Capturable=true

BaseNormal=no

Command & Conquer 1:

Sandbags have -> BaseNormal=yes, so concrete walls and any other "walls" or "wires"!! i dont know exactly the code.

so it is not cheating if you "expand" your base thruogh sandbags, barb wires or concrete walls. it is just lame if you "rush" to your enemy's base thruogh sandbags, build up an obelisk for example and really harass your opponent.. this sux, eliminates fun in gameplay!!!

It was more cheating into: end-C&C1-process-thruogh-task-manager-to-stop-current-online-gameplay-to-win-but-you-dont!

THIS IS REALLY:

FUCK OFF YOU DAMN BASTERD!! YOU FOOL!!! YOU BRAGGER!!! YOU - I DONT WANT TO LOSE BUT YOU DO-SUCKER!!! YOU - I AM AN EA GAMER - CHEATER - SUCKER!!! YOU - I AM BETTER THAN THE BIG NYERGUDS (-BUT I FAILED, I N00B-PLAYER) !!!

..god damn it, i hate those players, really!

you can expand your base with sandbags to the near Tiberium Fields, to build up there a refinery or two and a secondary base, if you have got money. but harassing your opponent still stinks to hell. you can do that in red alert 1.

instead of building sandbags you build up power plants and spam tesla coils. this sux too but is normal gameplay for the red alert 1 pro gamers, i was one of them.

C&C1 is really different to Red Alert 1, you have just to notice. did i forget anything to announce?!

:dry:

ah yes:

FUCK OFF ALL CHEATERS AROUND THE WORLD!!!

have a nice day you poor crappy whatever.

Putting it or not, if the basewalking is off wilth sandbags, they will use silo's, and all cheatigs are more than n00bs, they are cheaters!

If C&C have the same code than RA1, the game will be better, but, for me RA1 is sucks, C&C1 is the best game of ever!

this never will solucioneted

FUCK OFF ALL CHEATERS AROUND THE WORLD!!

Yes, i say the same! :D

N3tRunn3r... C&C1 doesn't HAVE such a property, so it's not about it being enabled or disabled at all :dry:

Or more like, they do have it (in the sense that sandbags don't count as real buildings if it comes to defeating a player), but it doesn't have the 'no base expansion' effect it has in RA.