wtf, a cheater?

Nyerguds

Question

I just played with a korean guy who called himself "WN"... sure, was a bit laggy because of the distance, but I said, what the heck, I just wanted to play.

I suggested trying out the CTF mode, and he enabled that.

Now, ingame, after a while, I saw sandbags creeping towards my base... so I told him to stop sandbag cheating and sent a grenadier there to destroy them. He put a guard tower at the end. I told him again to stop cheating, but he ignored me and kept going.

Now, near the end, I had managed to distract his Orca with 2 humvees and stole his flag with one of my harvesters. He immediately rushed all of his harvesters in to do the same thing. And when I actually got to my base, just before I would win... get this, he DISCONNECTED. Given the timing, I seriously doubt this was because of the distance. I mean, wtf? This isn't a ladder game, it's supposed to be just for fun... disconnecting doesn't make any difference.

The image speaks for itself:

cheater_WN.png

I remember how I used to capture enemy taskforces inside a barrier of concrete walls. Because the units would always move along the same waypoints, I built BRIKs around one of these spots, and closed the trap once the units stepped on it XD I have no idea why the enemy never attacked the walls, though.

Hmm? what do you mean? they can build multiple structures at onces, units WAY faster than normal and always know where you are, no matter where you go! go play the last gdi mission, and destroy two silos and after a few seconds watch both rebuild at the same time, and yes i do know that this was to compensate for the crappy AI at the time! its still cheating!

They can only build multiple structures at once if they have multiple CY's. Same for building units 'a lot faster', but you seem to forget that the player gets a production speed bonus that evens this out.

As for the always knowing where the ememy is... it's THEIR location you're invading. it's normal they got that intel.

Also, in some missions you can severely hinder the preprogrammed teams by NOT deploying your base where the AI expects it. The Covert Ops mission "Bad Neighborhhood" is one of these. I always move up to the north, deploy there, and immediately build a bunch of bazookas to take out the mammoth tank (that usually doesn't even fight back because it's focussed on attacking the CY). It works great :P

yeh that guy shouldnt have used sandbags in the wrong way to get at your base. its fine if your just trying to get over the river for the tiberian on the other side of that river but if that small expansion accidently is your enemies base then just sell the wall.

creeps me out when the ai cheats on a map an tiberian sun. its either a $1 map or infinity money and just when uve almost destryoed thier base about 50 mcv deploy around.

The stuff is called "Tiberium". Get it right. "Tiberian" is the adjective form.

It's like, you got the country called "Hungary", and the products of Hungary are "Hungarian" products.

It's not that hard, is it?  :ranting:

the game lagged like hell, and I did scout around. But my scout was a minigunner. By the time I had a grenadier close to it he put a guard tower at the end.

And since he had kept the entire line he had no risk, he just put the guard tower at the last remaining sandbag, no matter how far I'd destroy them.

not to mention...

1. there's no such functionality in C&C. All buildings are 100% equal when it comes to building from them.

2. If you can't build from sandbags, that would prevent you from using them what they were made for, namely build a fence around your base. C&C doesn't have RA's code to put more space between buildings, remember?