RA Campaign

ROB

Being that I have not contributed anything substantial to the Red Alert community since 2003, I want to make a full campaign. I think there would be a market for it given the amount of RA players on CNCNet. I did have a large Arda Mod/Campaign in the works, but I deleted all work on that project (long story). I think it will be a vanilla campaign to plug in to portableRA. Now that multiple theaters are available like desert and jungle, it would be cool to have a campaign that uses all of them. I don't just want to release missions, i'd rather have a tester or 2 to send them through, anyone interested? The new Hi-Res Edwin should make map making a breeze too..

I finished the 1st level. Any testers as I crank these out? I don't want them to be too hard upon release.

EDIT, I posted in the mapping forum, can a mod move it to right place please.

I ended up changing a few things, well a lot of things. I found out you can add new units manually to teamtypes, just don't load the map in RAED after.. disaster

How do i attach a file anyway, I only see FTP link I don't have a server.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sort of amused and feeling kinda dumb at the same time. I've been tinkering with making missions since 2001 when I was writing triggers by hand and using that horrible program R.A.C.K.  Since I have been working on my new missions the last few weeks, I have learned more about RA triggers than in the entire past 14 years. A lot of the techniques I was trying were simply not working. although the triggers appeared to be set up correctly, RA would not accept them. I finally looked at some WW missions and saw they never set anything up like I was trying to. What really got me was controlling production for multiple countries, There appears to be a production issue when 2 houses have multiple factories each. I wanted to assign very specific teamtypes and attack loops for each country involving infantry, tanks, and submarines but teamtypes would not follow orders. I then finally figured out WW uses autocreate for this because RA seems limited with controlling production/teamtypes through multiple houses. I also noticed WW uses a "Force Trigger" for a destroy trigger action with no event attached, like a "Destroy Trigger" command wont work with an event. And I did experience this as well where RA ignored triggers to destroy other triggers when a global was set. Certain events/actions just were not meant to work together and no guide exists that outlines this. Overall, I gathered my trigger techniques were far too complicated and over-thought compared to how WW used them. I managed to reduce about 40 triggers to 25 with the same behavior.