TS Clan Tourney

Punkernfg

So, to try and bring a little more competition to the table, I've thought up a little idea for a tournament. It's a bit different from what we've done in the past as trying to make set times for games is always a mess. So instead, I thought about having 5-6 clan captains to pick teams and we can all add the clan name to the beginning of our username, and compete against each  other. The reporting of wins can be put on a thread here on cncnet, and I can update it as a win-lose ratio. Of course this isn't the ideal option; however, with what we have right now, it's not the worst idea. It may bring a little more competition to the table. This would be based on a 'trust', as the wins and losses would have to be reported manually. If you want to signup for this, or have further suggestions, leave a comment below! I think this could be fun

I saw a website that generated and displayed tournament brackets

might that help?

yes, that's challonge.net. However, that's the kind of tournament I dont as bracket tournaments match you up with players/clans and you have to play a certain player/clan before moving onto the next. Due to some people being more active than others, some people will be sitting around waiting and some forfeiting games.

i like the idea, ss's should be taken though for proof of wins that show all the players in the game.

video recording

this would require an individual who has the software to do so, going back to wait times for games. The idea of this tourney is based on a trust issue as we don't have a ladder yet

might that help?

yes, that's challonge.net. However, that's the kind of tournament I dont as bracket tournaments match you up with players/clans and you have to play a certain player/clan before moving onto the next. Due to some people being more active than others, some people will be sitting around waiting and some forfeiting games.

if you choose round robin as tournament type, you will get exactly what you are looking for.

what would a match look like?

a 2v2, a 3v3 and a 4v4? or a best of 3 in each category? or just one game?

might that help?

I looked at a round robin and it would come down to wait times as it would be team A vs team B etc. This tourney is basically a clan ladder without the ladder. Clan A can play Clan B as many times as they want or any other clan as many times as they want. As I mentioned, it's not the most ideal tournament style; however, wish what we have, this seems realistic. The other option, rather than picking team captains and picking teams, is to create your own clan amongst yourselves and register it in in a thread. Random teams could work also.

if you choose round robin as tournament type, you will get exactly what you are looking for.

what would a match look like?

a 2v2, a 3v3 and a 4v4? or a best of 3 in each category? or just one game?

oh okay. we should make sure to let people know about this, as most players dont even look in the forums. i think maybe random teams with 2 or 3 seeded pools would be good. for example all the elite players that sign up would be in the same pool, so that they cant get in the same team.

oh okay. we should make sure to let people know about this, as most players dont even look in the forums. i think maybe random teams with 2 or 3 seeded pools would be good. for example all the elite players that sign up would be in the same pool, so that they cant get in the same team.

Well that's why I was going to decide on team captains. Have 5-6 clans captains who pick players in a 'snake' style draft. The captains can be the top 5-6 players