Is there a maximum number of Triggers a single-player custom map can have?

ToonDragon

A very good day to you all, C&C Net Community and C&C Enthusiasts alike.

I am ToonDragon and I am new to this community forum, this being my very first post. 

I have very recently started taking up map making for Red Alert 1 using the RAED Scenario Editor.  The map I am currently working on is an Interior infiltration map with a huge variety of simple triggers for the destruction of strategic flame turrets that blocks access to a particular area.  This is very similar to some original missions in Red Alert 1 like the Allied Mission 10 part 2 - Evidence and the Soviet New Mission - Mousetrap. 

As the map got larger and more complex, so did the number of triggers and at some point, the map stopped working on launch and crashed the game the moment it was selected.  The game did not even show the briefing page, it simply crashed and presented an error screen I have attached for your reference. 

Puzzled by this unexpected malfunction, I did some testing and discovered that the crash only occurred when the total number of triggers the map had exceeded 82.  The map had almost 90 triggers before and I decreased that number by one each time until 82 before the map worked again without problem. 

I am wondering if there was any way to mitigate or perhaps solve this problem? Has anyone else encountered a similar problem whilst developing maps? And if so, has it been rectified or dealt with before?

Forgive me if this topic was posted into the wrong page as I am new to this forum.

Would greatly appreciate any help or advice given.

Yours respectfully

ToonDragon

Error.png.f1b55eb4273b5a78b82c428a69d620dc.png

I never knew of a max trigger cap but it dose make since it may have one.

Now the question is... Is can you combine trigger? I think you may be able to using Type:      complex (event1 => action1; event2 => action2) and making them Existence: semi-constant (all linked events -> switch, destroy).

Also as FunkyFr3sh pointed out and I didn't remember there is a listed cap in the Maximums part of the rules.ini. You can try to copy and paste the below into you map using RAED's Text Mode (The little T by the minimap.) or open the map with note/wordpad

[Maximums]

TrigType=100            ; trigger types

Thank you FunkyFr3sh and Allen262

Your advice and help was most valuable.

I have increased the maximum TrigType in the Rules.ini file to 100 and it works perfectly now.

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Respectfully

ToonDragon

I wouldn't count on it, that is a naive guess. Maximums are all loaded during the game init to build object heaps, I wouldn't expect them to be re-initialised on map load.

A good part of rules.ini keys work fine if put into a map. I'm going to guess that the [Maximums] would as well.

I wouldn't count on it, that is a naive guess. Maximums are all loaded during the game init to build object heaps, I wouldn't expect them to be re-initialised on map load.

Was thinking that too. It seems like initializing of memory space. If that could be changed halfway the program run, there would be no sense in even HAVING those settings.

Oh, by the way... heaps are dumped rather directly into savegames, so it's possible that changing those maximums can make your game incompatible with existing savegames.