c&c 95

Sl33p3r

Question

Hi guys i just installed C&C95 and am having problems . Every time i finish a mission in singleplayer when i get to chose the next country to go to the game just crashes . It just gives the standard error message 'C&C95.exe is not responding ' and i have to exit . I also get this crash problem when i play Covert Operations or multiplayer but in this two that crash happens randomly not just when i complete a mission .

Any help would be appreciated .I'm running it on Windows 7 32 bit .

4 answers to this question

If its crashing on the map screen animations (in particular the GDI and Nod controlled areas) you need to just wait until its finished and then you can select the next one.

Same applies to the score screen.

I don't know if this is the problem this is just my experience.

If its crashing on the map screen animations (in particular the GDI and Nod controlled areas) you need to just wait until its finished and then you can select the next one.

Same applies to the score screen.

I don't know if this is the problem this is just my experience.

No, as soon as the map starts loading it crashes it doesn't even get to the point where it displays yellow and red territories .

"not responding" does not equal a crash. It is your Windows incorrectly assuming the game has crashed because the game isn't responding to any user input at that moment, just because the map animations don't accept any mouse clicks or key presses, since they can't be skipped. But it is entirely YOUR decision to kill off the game there. Normally, the audio should tell you the game is actually still continuing normally during all that, and if you wait you'll end up on the map selection screen.

Anyway, the problem can be solved by enabling Windows 95 compatibility mode on the C&C95.exe file. I'll see if I can update the current patch installer soon to address this problem.

"not responding" does not equal a crash. It is your Windows incorrectly assuming the game has crashed because the game isn't responding to any user input at that moment, just because the map animations don't accept any mouse clicks or key presses, since they can't be skipped. But it is entirely YOUR decision to kill off the game there. Normally, the audio should tell you the game is actually still continuing normally during all that, and if you wait you'll end up on the map selection screen.

Anyway, the problem can be solved by enabling Windows 95 compatibility mode on the C&C95.exe file. I'll see if I can update the current patch installer soon to address this problem.

Thanks a lot the singleplayer is now working i hope the multiplayer won't have this problem at random times .