Couple of questions

Griffen

Question

I just found out about this program and I have to say I love the idea.  I have a few questions though:

1.  Am I supposed to be able to see who is online in the browser based lobby?  Currently CnCNet says there are 5 players online, but I don't see any.  I have port 8054 forwarded, and CnCNet is not giving me any errors about it.  Is there something I'm missing, or is this normal?

2.  When are good times to catch people on?

Thanks and great job with this program.

8 answers to this question

CnCNet is Having problems, because a BOTNET invaded the server, so, the guy cncNetServer migred to linux server. well, we're trying to fix errors and reconfigure the server, dont worry, ALL WE is having problems.

And yes, Everydays, you got someyone to play.

You are very welcome Griffen, we are always glad to welcome new players!

To answer your questions:

1. The program is based on taking initiative and action instead of idling in a chat room, there is no way to see other players/games with the program other then this browser based AJAX chat (Accounts which are connected to the forums). This is in theory of course, and it is quite normal to see 10 people on and no games, because people are busy and generally have lives, but if you suspect there is a network issue, get into the player lobby and test with someone there.

How it works, is that the moment you; or another person loads up C&C95 and hosts a network game, everyone will be informed by the program that you have hosted, and it will reveal which country you are doing so. Then they will be able to simply hop onto your game by launching C&C95 from the right click menu (skips intro + main menu) and voila, off it goes.

2. Depends on your time zone, most people here are EU so try to be on in your prime time. The program is still fairly new and the community is growing, so the best thing to do is find a gaming partner/mate on the chat or from elsewhere and organise a time to be on with them.

CnCNet is currently going through some changes, yes. We have already recovered from most of the damage done from losing our original setup to a botnet and porting issues to linux for the server but those are mostly behind us now.

Just a note:

The best way to find games is just to leave the program running all the time. If you turn it off/on when you want a game it is unlikely that a critical mass of players will be met in order to allow for games.

If I create a game, should I be able to see it listed in the tally of games?  As an example, I'll make a network game while connected into CnCNet and when I check the icon it still says 0 games.  Is this normal?

Yes, because it doesnt count you when it shows the players/games.

If there are 5 people and 0 games (yet you have hosted) in reality, there are 6 people online and your game is up and showing on their side (if port forwarded properly).

hello i don`t know is this is right plase to ask but i do want to play and i have some problems starting whit the upnp tool not find any device, manually opening don´t work ider the name and the pas of ruter ins`t admin

mi conection is wifi inalambric

i use xp sevice pak 3

there is some solution for my?

hello i don`t know is this is right plase to ask but i do want to play and i have some problems starting whit the upnp tool not find any device, manually opening don´t work ider the name and the pas of ruter ins`t admin

mi conection is wifi inalambric

i use xp sevice pak 3

there is some solution for my?

I recommend that you start a new topic please.

Also. Your sentence makes no sense. I am not sure if English is your native language or not. But if it isn't. I suggest that you use a translator.