ULTIMATE VS TFD QUESTION

meachumz

Ok, so now that I have found this wonderful place, I am looking forward to playing my old favorites online. My question is: Do I have to download and purchase the EA ULTIMATE EDITION or is can this site also work with TFD?

I was looking to purchase the UCE but have seen numerous problems. I remember not having any problems with TFD. Please let me know, I am looking forward to playing online ASAP

Both should work.

Thank you. It appears that I just missed TUC sale for $5. I am hesitant to purchase again because I seemingly always have problems. Is there one that works better than the other? I am about to make the purchase I am just not exactly sure which is more compatible with this service.

Guest Mechacaseal

Click on my youtube channel in sig and go to my website. wonderful deal on yuri's thats the only retail game here.

Thank you. It appears that I just missed TUC sale for $5. I am hesitant to purchase again because I seemingly always have problems. Is there one that works better than the other? I am about to make the purchase I am just not exactly sure which is more compatible with this service.

TFD requires the 1.03 rev4 community patch, and then patch TD, RA1 and/or TS with the patches you can see here on CnC-Comm.

TUC requires the fixed launchers, disabling Origin for its individual games and also manual patching of TD, RA1 and/or TS.

It is somewhat easier to just use the CnC-Comm installers for those titles, anyway, so unless your game of choice is RA2/YR, you don't need TFD or TUC.

Fun fact: besides the movies and music (which are technically CD files), my patch replaces every single file in the game folder, except for the 10 MB update.mix, which contains the colour tables used for stretching the videos.