Tiberian Dawn campaign bugs & crashes

KILL

Question

Just want to report some bugs and crashes on C&C 95:  Tiberian Dawn.

If it helps, I did my entire playthrough on Windows XP SP3.  I was using the most up to date game version - 1.06c v3.

I had plenty of random crashes throughout.  Sometimes they happened once a mission, sometimes not at all.  On one GDI mission it crashed to the desktop 5 times in a row.

I was basically saving everytime I made a big move, worried the game could crash at any moment.

Another bug I noticed, albeit minor, was with alt-tabbing.  Anytime I alt-tabbed and then returned to the game, the start menu would cut off an inch off the game.  It was still playable, but if I was at the bottom or top of a map some enemy units could be not be targeted.

Another bug, which only happened maybe 3 times, was with the menu.  I would hit escape to save my game and I could not click or move my mouse at all.  I also could not navigate with the arrow keys.  Alt-tabbing did not fix this issue...  The only way to resolve this was ctrl+alt+del and I would lose my mission progress if I didn't save.

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure if it's exactly the same thing, but I had problems sometimes trying to open the menu ingame where the mouse cursor would not appear to move at all (although I could navigate with the arrow buttons, although it would not APPEAR they were working)  I found that disabling ccdraw in the ccconfig.exe and running in 256 color mode helped stuff a lot.  For me at least......

I remember getting that bug the first time I got past the crazy-hard Nod mission with the Arty and Stealth tanks (Nod 11) and I for some reason couldnt save.

So i was forced to beat the last two missions in one sitting haha (which I did)

I remember getting that bug the first time I got past the crazy-hard Nod mission with the Arty and Stealth tanks (Nod 11) and I for some reason couldnt save.

So i was forced to beat the last two missions in one sitting haha (which I did)

Yeah the menu bug appeared for me the other night on the final NOD mission.  I already had put a good dent in them so I played it out.

The ingame menu seemingly freezing can be solved by setting C&C95.exe to compatibility mode for Win95.

and running in 256 color mode

Um. C&C is a 256 colour game. It can't NOT run in 256 colour. I'm fairly sure that option makes no difference whatsoever on the game.