Lobby game keeps failing to launch no matter what I do

TheRev

Very frustrating.. I was hoping to play my son aged 30 by the way and can't get game going. Running windows 7 with DirectX 10 or 11and yet each time I try to launch game it fails. Have taken Firewall down to see if that makes a difference  :( :down: hoping someone can help

How far do you get? Does the game start and you see the box with your own name in it?

Do you play on CnCNet or do you use a old game installation?

I am trying to pay on CnCNet.

I get the first screen and no matter what game mode I choose single player skirmish or lobby game as soon as I choose an option my screen goes blank ( or shrinks to the icon on the task  bar) then back screen. Sound and mouse only. When I move the mouse I can hear the various options being activated - I think

any help appreciated  :(

How far do you get? Does the game start and you see the box with your own name in it?

Do you play on CnCNet or do you use a old game installation?

I am trying to pay on CnCNet.

I get the first screen and no matter what game mode I choose single player skirmish or lobby game as soon as I choose an option my screen goes blank ( or shrinks to the icon on the task  bar) then back screen. Sound and mouse only. When I move the mouse I can hear the various options being activated - I think - this happens occasionally.

for a Skirmish I choose my Lobby settings - choose a couple of AI players and again the screen bounces only this time it shrinks as if to go active then after a couple of seconds returns me to the Lobby where I will try and 'Launch' the game again.

I did notice that when I select an AI player the small red circle with the bar to the left of the players name remains this way and cannot be selected or changed to a green tick - is this a clue?

I am really hoping we can get this sorted as I am a big fan of the game :D

any help appreciated  :(

Just saw this on the chat:

"<Patrick> Game start failed... TunnelServer: The Operation has timed out 83.137.146.231"

I asked if it was ocurring recently on the system today and didn't get a responce. Maybe it is the reason why it didn't start for the original poster of this thread?