Mod community.

Zender

Here's a little story, back when i used to play back during the westwood days, there was two communities, those who play the regular maps, and those who played the mod maps.

there is a ton of animosity between the two, well, its actually rather one sided, the elitists who play regular maps absolutely resent those who play mod maps, so much so, that it seems to have been bullied out of the game, completely.

Now by mod maps, im not talking about battle day, though really fun.

Im talking about maps like grays 3v3 super speed red tib, a map me and my friend are searching for, but it seems to have just stopped existing, what used to be great fun about this map, and others like it, was the intense scale, and tactical element compared to the regular game.

The mod community had its fair shares of pro's within these maps, despite the fact they would all, indiscriminatly be called noobs by the elitist regular community. Not every player in the regulars were like this mind you, but enough.

so, now, the mod community pretty much does not exist, having been bullied no doubt, and the issue i take with this, is that.. it was an incredibly part of the game, i played my fair share of both regular, and mod, and tbh, i prefered the mod games just because of the large scale.

one love of mine, was that sam sites actually worked like they do in any other game ever. you know, they killed things? >.>

i literally had a game, were i killed a poor guy who had 50, i do not kid, but 50 sam sites, with 20 bombers. the game had gone on for a fair amount of time, and since i havnt played for ages, i wasnt playing well, and they was fairly new too. which meant the scale got pretty big.

But so many sam sites, rendered utterly useless. stealth only works so much, some people argue engineers and firewall, but... this just.. well what's the point in sam sites then?

During the super speed mod game, it became more about just rushing your enemy, though this happened if you slipped up too, it became even more important to scout, if you didnt protect your base from scouts, you could end up with a massive army right up your poop deck lol.

i had some incredible battles, with multi layoured strategemes unlike what you see in regular battles.

what i find absolutely distateful, is that me and my friend are trying to re-learn the game, and we have had not a single game of the mod veriaty, and 10 times more grief from players who are a part of the regular, why?

because appearantly exploiting is okay, and because we used some of the rules from the old school westwood days.

This exploit, had an orca bomber, hop up and down buildings, using the few sam sites deployed as an anti scout defense, to destroy those buildings. Sam sites, shooting their own ground buildings.

Idc what the popular belief is, THIS is not intended design, this is an exploit wether you like it or not, and i was actually not fussed when it happened, i simply stated that it did, and the entire other team exploded into a rage, it was absolutely hillarious. im not kidding either, the rest of the game was filled with what can only be described as virtual bullying lol.

Kind of person i am, i relished it, but, there we go.

i will not keep up to date with responses, i will not read any responses, Not because of anything other than i really wont be checking this forum again, for any other reason.

i imagine this'll cause a ton of people to explode in rage, half because its a block of text, half because of what's in the text =p

i think its an absolute disgrace that the community acts this way.

too closed minded to realize, the mod maps can actually be fun too.

So closed minded that they actually fling mindless insults towards anyone who thinks this.

lol, i actually thought about making a post asking if anyone had, or knows where we could get the map we are missing, but holy crap, that would cause an explosive argument of epic proportions itself.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience!!!!!!!!!!! ;*( I used to love mods myself, such as BBG and BGH, not to mention the tower defence mods where you need at least four players to try and hold the fort against a MASSIVE AI ONSLAUGHT of grey units!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I used to find the grudges, feuds and online conflicts with other players fun, and thought they added to the passion of the game, but I understand not everyone feels that way!!!!!!!!! Here's hoping you and your friends decide to stay though, since the game needs all the players it can get!!!!!!! And I hope people never stop making innovative tower defence mods!!!!!! They used to be a real highlight of the online playing experience to me!!!!!!!!!

i am the friend he is referring to and i have those maps already thank you though

the map we are after isn't in the unfortunately

the community does seem to have gone to pot these days and it takes away from the experience of what the game used to be i love the mod maps and people are all like you should try this its the best (none mod maps)

i believe that the old rules like 5 mins build time adds to the scale of the battle and makes the ground war more intense and fun

anyway thank you the responses are more friendly than i expected

Pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any rage lol.

The map we are after, is kind of what would be seen as a cheat map, but tbh, the main reason we like it is purely because of the sam sites like originally stated.

oddly enough we tend to find the battles are much more fun when you aren't at constant risk of 3 carry alls walking all over your base lol, Not that we avoided that gameplay either, it just depended on our mood at the time =p

The map is called Grays 3v3 super speed red tib, one defining trait was that most of it was in capitals, and felt like a kid had titled it as a result lol.

it allows units to be built up to 99, alot of money, and sam sites that could actually kill when they hit a target.

the money isnt so much a big deal to us, and the units tend to just be more of a convenience to allow for more focus on combat strategy, its the sam sites i think that's the more important.

it kind of allows alot more fun with map scout management, the subterrain war, ground war, and even makes you get more creative with bombers, focusing on enemy assets rather than just trying to hurry and end the game as fast as possible, the moment you can defeat their army, you can get through their front door and cause some damage.

then the rest of the game you can bomb them until you have a second army ready, or whatever strategy you choose =p

Heres the issue....firstly, im someone who back when I first started playing TS I was a modder, and eventually became one of the "best" modders at the time. What I mean is...no I wasnt the best skilled wise, by far...but myself and some others (such as punkernfg) ran very successful almost exclusively mod clans back in the day- such as TXz

Now I thought I was amazing, untouchable...and then I started to learn official WW maps...and I quickly realized how bad I was at the game. I hadent learned what now seem like basic tactics...such as 1 shot disrupter killing, proper expanding, building placement etc etc, all things that on mod maps really dont matter

oh...scouting / anti scouting

So, even after I became much better, I still lvoed and even today, love playing some old mod maps, such as grays 3v3. The problem is though, and the reason why myself, and many other "elite" players have some hatred to todays modders, is because they went from playing mods like grays 3v3 for example, which is fast paced, tactful, you have many options on attacking defending etc

to playing maps like battleday, or GOW etc...which limit GDI for example by having long and narrow paths to the other side. Add ontop of that the rules you now see in every game

No eng, no harv etc etc

well lets think about this...if you have gdi be almost useles (taking out infantry and titan rushing), you have players with a defensive only mindset (so they pick nod) and you remove nods best attack (eng) all you have now are 8 player games of nod players, who make 500 sam sites, and just banshees

Its a stale, long, boring gameplay that has plagued the mod community on here for years now.

The players who enjoy this are those who simple cant, or refuse to try to get better at this game. When I started earning WW maps I went from being a winning player (id almost never lose on mods) to losing almost every game on WW maps early on because the skill gap is just so drastic...however I stuck with it because I wanted to improve

You dont see this with these players..people like Nodrescue for example, who refuse to improve, get stomped, so they play on specific maps with specific rules to suit their specific strategy.... its just dumbed down gameplay.

WW players are at fault as well because most of us are dicks...myself included. Personally, I have no patience teaching someone who has played as long as me, yet looks like they downloaded the game last week (yes I still see logs I saw in 2001)

Honestly you wouldnt hear me complain if they played a map like Grays as opposed to conflicts or GOW etc

Heres the issue....firstly, im someone who back when I first started playing TS I was a modder, and eventually became one of the "best" modders at the time. What I mean is...no I wasnt the best skilled wise, by far...but myself and some others (such as punkernfg) ran very successful almost exclusively mod clans back in the day- such as TXz

Now I thought I was amazing, untouchable...and then I started to learn official WW maps...and I quickly realized how bad I was at the game. I hadent learned what now seem like basic tactics...such as 1 shot disrupter killing, proper expanding, building placement etc etc, all things that on mod maps really dont matter

oh...scouting / anti scouting

So, even after I became much better, I still lvoed and even today, love playing some old mod maps, such as grays 3v3. The problem is though, and the reason why myself, and many other "elite" players have some hatred to todays modders, is because they went from playing mods like grays 3v3 for example, which is fast paced, tactful, you have many options on attacking defending etc

to playing maps like battleday, or GOW etc...which limit GDI for example by having long and narrow paths to the other side. Add ontop of that the rules you now see in every game

No eng, no harv etc etc

well lets think about this...if you have gdi be almost useles (taking out infantry and titan rushing), you have players with a defensive only mindset (so they pick nod) and you remove nods best attack (eng) all you have now are 8 player games of nod players, who make 500 sam sites, and just banshees

Its a stale, long, boring gameplay that has plagued the mod community on here for years now.

The players who enjoy this are those who simple cant, or refuse to try to get better at this game. When I started earning WW maps I went from being a winning player (id almost never lose on mods) to losing almost every game on WW maps early on because the skill gap is just so drastic...however I stuck with it because I wanted to improve

You dont see this with these players..people like Nodrescue for example, who refuse to improve, get stomped, so they play on specific maps with specific rules to suit their specific strategy.... its just dumbed down gameplay.

WW players are at fault as well because most of us are dicks...myself included. Personally, I have no patience teaching someone who has played as long as me, yet looks like they downloaded the game last week (yes I still see logs I saw in 2001)

Honestly you wouldnt hear me complain if they played a map like Grays as opposed to conflicts or GOW etc

yes this is the case.

but as for nod having no offencive units i think is wrong one tick tank deployed will easy kill 3-4 titans and the artilery well its a beast i think nod actually has a superior ground attack to gdi

Tbh Phenomena, i've got no issue with you, but.. alot of what you say is closed minded and just wrong.

You think that the map battleday is unfair to nod and gdi?

Let me just run through some of the battles i have had.

Firstly, an oponent i learned from, in regular gameplay, and in mod gameplay, both superspeed, and regular battleday.

During the battle day 1v1, my first tactic is to rush Jump jets, as they flew over he had a nice army of rocket soldiers to prevent my scouting him, job done.

So i could not reveal his base, the problem i had then, was preventing his counter scouts, there are a fair few tactics you can use on battleday, but the ground war is direct or not at all, yes, limiting strategy, but focusing more on direct strategy much like what you'd see in a total war game.

This means you need to protect your assets so that you can use them effectively.

So, my oponent, who was obviously better than me back then, had sent some artillery to my front door, you know how this ends, so this initiated combat. as my titans engaged his artillery, it remained to be seen who would win, But, his tactic was one i used towards the end of westwood, and the guys who took over, which was to bait them into action, now that he is on the offensive with artillery, using a forward base, it was essentially check.

unlike what i'd do now, by sending a mix of bombers and titans, i sent everything, and this meant he could sneak through with stealth tanks, breaking through the front door, and scouting me, following that, 5 APC's appeared, and since GDI is known for its offensive capabilities, and i had already taken the bait and used my emp, his 5 apc's contained enough to level my base, caught between a cyborg commando / cyborg assualt, and artilleries, i had literally been pincered, and my base was left in ruin.

Alternatively, as GDI you can scout using jump jets to get rear assualts to use carry alls, by this i mean the tib fields, i have been able to end my fair share of games with this strategy, there are counter moves to counter moves, more so on direct combat maps, than open warfare maps that it may aswell be an open radar from the start with how easy it is to scout.

In direct combat, Anti air becomes less of an issue, because you can deal with scouting. GDI, it's balanced simply because of the firewall, but you'll still spend most of the game bieng bombarded, because anti air with them during the scout phase might aswell's not exist lol and a single jump jet can have you which is most likely going to happen in a team game.

Following that, nod has stealth, and plenty of options for early anti scouting, such as rocket troopers, stealth even if they get scouted, and much more.

Tell me, how many times have you ended a battle with an army of 40+ tick tanks, artillery, titans, stealth tanks?

strategies that doesnt even enter the heads of regular skilled players, because they assume mod map players just suck.

Its two seperate games, that is why i talk about them as two seperate communities.

I find it a disgrace that basically half of the game has been completely torn to shredds because of this narrow minded mentality.

when a game lasts, in any map, it gets fun. really fun, strategies end up outside of the box, on waterworld, on grays 3v3, battleday, terraces, forestfires.

The mod maps encourage long lasting games, which makes the strategies more fun, more creative.

So to be perfectly frank, to be truly good at this game, i'd reckon you need to be good at any of the decent maps.

As for your scenario of 8 nod players, that barely ever happens, we arent talking about 8 new players who arent going to do anything.

We are talking about what would happen if 8 good players got on the field.

The map layouts encourage teamplay more than any other, one person with a forward base, 3 on the offensive, you know, that kind of stuff.

GDI making use of bombers to reduce enemies assets, so that the ground force can move in, nod using a mix of tick tanks and artillery to create forward bases to bombard at long range.

Sam sites, are barely any use in this map so stealth becomes their primary defense, aswell as plenty of sams, and defenses, i often feel like nod are a bit overpowered at times, because i only used to see disadvantages with gdi, such as two components for sam sites, no stealth, but now, its simple, probably because im more mature and can see it clearly, they have superior scouting capabilities, the firewall, and titans can act in offense and defense really, really well.

If you get a forward base, EMP play becomes a thing, baiting emp's, using devils tongues, and sub apc's

Carry alls, disrupters in large scale. commando strategemes.

Honestly, its the regular games that i find are much more limited, because they are so much smaller scaled, and force you into a strategy rather than allowing for creative freedom.

Carry all or gtfo =p

Commando or gtfo >.>

kill vital structures ASAP rushrushrush, or gtfo lol..

Im sorry but, like i said, if a game lasts it allows for creative freedom, but how good do you need to be for that?

And how often is a stalemate? One sided games are not fun. Win or lose.

It's that stale wind blowin out of your lungs that has been plaguing the mod community for years

"The players who enjoy this are those who simple cant, or refuse to try to get better at this game."  <<<

the players that think this are ignorant of the culture, ideas, or preference's of people other than themselves.

we have been doing what we enjoy not what you think we should enjoy, we see something in it that you don't and we like it, obviously.

Honestly , you wouldn't hear me complain if you just let us enjoy what we enjoy

but you disparaging what we do and enjoy is pathetic.

you intolerant insect

To be honest, one thing which I've always detested about WW map supremicists is how they seem to believe EVERYONE should be singularly driven towards becoming elite players!!!!!!!!! And the reality is, A VERY SMALL PORTION OF PLAYERS PLAY WITH THE IDEA OF BECOMING THE BEST IN THEIR HEADS!!!!!!!!!! The majority of players play casually, and have ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION of moving onto a strict regimen of intensive 1v1 tournament games!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean when I was an exclusive modder back in 2003, I knew players like Stefor were probably WAY BETTER THAN ME due to people talking about them like they were legends, but I didn't care, because I was happy to stay on mods!!!!!! 3v3s and 4v4s on BBG with a never-ending supply of blue tiberium were just WAY MORE FUN than having to expand everytime your money has just started to build up from a depleted tiberium patch!!!!!!!!!

Of course, now I see the fun in both the mods and WW maps of TS, but YOU CAN'T FORCE MODDERS TO MOVE TO WW BEFORE THEY WANT TO DO IT!!!!!!!! AND YOU CAN'T DETER MODDERS FROM PLAYING MODS BY BACKSTABBING THEM POLITICALLY AND WHISPERING IN THE EARS OF THE ADMINS TO GET MODS BANNED FROM TOURNAMENT LADDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do that, they're going to resent you for trying to force their hand, and probably leave the game, just to spite you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I find truly funny in all this is that pure WW players always try to talk like they're "in the right" for being so vehement against modders, and yet NEVER in all my years of gaming have I come across a game community where modders are shunned to such an extent!!!!!!!!!!! So many other games have FLOURISHING mod communities, and so many games out there are LOVED, simply because of the sheer extent of mod content available for them, constantly reinventing them, and breathing fresh life into what could end up becoming STALE, PLAYED-OUT GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't TS be the same, and embrace the mod community for the beautiful companion that it is?????????!!!!!!!

it allows units to be built up to 99, alot of money, and sam sites that could actually kill when they hit a target.

the money isnt so much a big deal to us, and the units tend to just be more of a convenience to allow for more focus on combat strategy, its the sam sites i think that's the

more important.

Download any of the maps you like from amokks list, open the file with a notepad and copy paste this at the very bottom:

[RedEye2]

Damage=99

ROF=70

Range=17

Speed=60

This change will make your SAM sites ridiculously strong and render any air attack at your base a waste of resources.

You can also always open the rules.ini in your cncnet folder (might just say rules depending on your OS) and see what other changes you'd like to make. Just make sure to

change the name of the map. ( ctrl+f - search for name= )

But honestly, all the issues you listed can be solved by playing the game the way it's developed to be played, as in original maps. Then the variety of skills and tactics

actually matter. What do you expect when you take core elements like money and power management, map control and angles of attack. (most mod maps have one tiny entrence)

Don't get me wrong, everyone should play the game as it's fun for them but you're clearly not having fun and try your hardest to work around it. You've basically brought up

all the issues the ww community had with the style of playing in mod maps while trying your hardest not to learn something new.

I know it can be hard for new players to learn ww maps. (especially when they've played the game for 10 years and suddenly have to admit they don't know anything about its

basics or core dynamics)

You're basically playing on a chess board with chess pieces but decided that all pieces can move only 1 square in any direction, except for the queen who can teleport

whereever she wants to. Then you blame the queen for being overpowered and lack of interactivity of the other pieces, while angrily looking at the regular chess community

that's acting all elitist for playing with their "oh so much better rules". How dare they pretend their variety is any better when you've already learned the queen is way

overpowered in your 10 years experience.

Now you're trying to implement new rules as you've discovered the flaws in your ruleset. Maybe the queen can't teleport over a pawn that didn't move yet. Fine, but all you're

really doing is making a new game really. This is called modding. You could just delete money alltogether and create a map that automatically spawns units for each player in

a certain interval and manage to make it fun, hey I'd join you for some games on that map. ppmsite.com can help you on your way to doing this or you can just learn it

yourself by reading the rules.ini and playing around with the final sun editor.

But don't get mad at me for pointing out that chess was fine all along.

xender your examples are meaningless to me...I have played long enough to know this game in and out. Sure what I said isnt 100% of the time.

As for amokk... thats where I dont understand...I play this game to have fun as well, I play call of duty or NHL to also have fun. thats what games are, to have fun. But i never understood the mindset of never wanting to be the best one can be

why settle for being "below average" when, if you just simply try....like im not asking for you to play twice as much, just try? ask questions, ask players to give you tips. Why play on a map where you handicap the game completely.

infinite money, infinite power, 1 tiny small entrance, extremely long distances, no engineers etc etc.

I never understood it, but meh, its a free world I guess

As for amokk... thats where I dont understand...I play this game to have fun as well, I play call of duty or NHL to also have fun. thats what games are, to have fun. But i never understood the mindset of never wanting to be the best one can be

why settle for being "below average" when, if you just simply try....like im not asking for you to play twice as much, just try? ask questions, ask players to give you tips. Why play on a map where you handicap the game completely.

infinite money, infinite power, 1 tiny small entrance, extremely long distances, no engineers etc etc.

obviously there is a lot you don't understand, and ignorant spouting off shows you to be the fool

free world is the right idea though work on that

heres the deal i didnt read all of phenoms dribble. but same goes for me sorta. started on ww for lil while then went to mods, then back to ww. ill own ur ass on any mod dont care what it is basically. ww maps make u a better player.

get off ur damn mods

TRZ you arrogant tool why don't you shut up and go play your ww maps and understand there are two types of players on here mods and ww

being a ww player don't make you better for the reason you know what your limits are

ww maps you have to constantly move your base aswell so you wouldn't know how to manage a large scale army coming at you and if there is one small entrance you can simply work round it

create a small base and build on the inside of opponents base ect

ww maps have on strategy kill your opponent as quick as possible because im fucked if they get an army of jets or troops

mods make you need to use a strategy o shit thats a lot of jets coming at me i think i need more sams

or shit thats alot of troops i need to build more lazer/rpg or more units to survive this

so basically instead of ill kick your arse on any mod map understand there is a strategy needed

thats all i got to say normally im a man of little words and more action but in your case go crawl back into your small minded hole of the world

TRZ you arrogant tool why don't you shut up and go play your ww maps and understand there are two types of players on here mods and ww

being a ww player don't make you better for the reason you know what your limits are

ww maps you have to constantly move your base aswell so you wouldn't know how to manage a large scale army coming at you and if there is one small entrance you can simply work round it

create a small base and build on the inside of opponents base ect

ww maps have on strategy kill your opponent as quick as possible because im fucked if they get an army of jets or troops

mods make you need to use a strategy o shit thats a lot of jets coming at me i think i need more sams

or shit thats alot of troops i need to build more lazer/rpg or more units to survive this

so basically instead of ill kick your arse on any mod map understand there is a strategy needed

thats all i got to say normally im a man of little words and more action but in your case go crawl back into your small minded hole of the world

i dont think you read my msgs or heard me or others here we started as mod players a lot of us. i played grays, bgh, waterworld, bbg far before i got good  at ww. id own u at mods easier than ww maps.

u will get better overall, even on ur mods if u play ww.

the money isnt so much a big deal to us, and the units tend to just be more of a convenience to allow for more focus on combat strategy, its the sam sites i think that's the

more important.

Download any of the maps you like from amokks list, open the file with a notepad and copy paste this at the very bottom:

[RedEye2]

Damage=99

ROF=70

Range=17

Speed=60

This change will make your SAM sites ridiculously strong and render any air attack at your base a waste of resources.

You can also always open the rules.ini in your cncnet folder (might just say rules depending on your OS) and see what other changes you'd like to make. Just make sure to

change the name of the map. ( ctrl+f - search for name= )

But honestly, all the issues you listed can be solved by playing the game the way it's developed to be played, as in original maps. Then the variety of skills and tactics

actually matter. What do you expect when you take core elements like money and power management, map control and angles of attack. (most mod maps have one tiny entrence)

Don't get me wrong, everyone should play the game as it's fun for them but you're clearly not having fun and try your hardest to work around it. You've basically brought up

all the issues the ww community had with the style of playing in mod maps while trying your hardest not to learn something new.

I know it can be hard for new players to learn ww maps. (especially when they've played the game for 10 years and suddenly have to admit they don't know anything about its

basics or core dynamics)

You're basically playing on a chess board with chess pieces but decided that all pieces can move only 1 square in any direction, except for the queen who can teleport

whereever she wants to. Then you blame the queen for being overpowered and lack of interactivity of the other pieces, while angrily looking at the regular chess community

that's acting all elitist for playing with their "oh so much better rules". How dare they pretend their variety is any better when you've already learned the queen is way

overpowered in your 10 years experience.

Now you're trying to implement new rules as you've discovered the flaws in your ruleset. Maybe the queen can't teleport over a pawn that didn't move yet. Fine, but all you're

really doing is making a new game really. This is called modding. You could just delete money alltogether and create a map that automatically spawns units for each player in

a certain interval and manage to make it fun, hey I'd join you for some games on that map. ppmsite.com can help you on your way to doing this or you can just learn it

yourself by reading the rules.ini and playing around with the final sun editor.

But don't get mad at me for pointing out that chess was fine all along.

Sorry to waste your essay, but we do have fun >.>

this post is talking about how the community has gotten, not about our personal expereance, considering the fact i have good stories to tell, that even included me bieng defeated, shows that the mod maps are just as fun as the regular.

I do agree that the balance is there, but to reach the state of the game we enjoy in regular maps, is almost impossible. you'd need to be within a small range of skill local to your oponent, allowing for a stalemate, to allow the scale to become large enough to actually make ground combat relevent lol.

xender your examples are meaningless to me...I have played long enough to know this game in and out. Sure what I said isnt 100% of the time.

My explanation was actually to help you understand >.>

That one small tiny entrance isnt exactly the only way to launch an attack like my stories from the past showed =p

Besides, battleday is just one map out of many. Grays 3v3 for example, its a very thin wall, walking in through the frontdoor without fighting is suicide, shoot over it, hop over it or under it with aircraft and sub's, scout your enemy, know your enemy, poke holes, breach, and kill. :)

^ its this that i most enjoy, not only this, but mostly.

Regular maps dont reach this state very often, because it's very focused on short games, and not very team friendly, working as one, or just having an ally nearby, are two different forms of gameplay =p

heres the deal i didnt read all of phenoms dribble. but same goes for me sorta. started on ww for lil while then went to mods, then back to ww. ill own ur ass on any mod dont care what it is basically. ww maps make u a better player.

get off ur damn mods

^ lol

Apologies, i was treating the quotes like they work on steam =p

To respond to this guy

Playing against tough players, makes me a better player.

Not the map.

end of response.

Edit:

Ahem sorry i couldnt resist lol

You see, you challenge us to a 1v1, problem is, we aren't claiming to be legendary, we havnt played this game since the westwood days, and slightly after westwood changed to some... random thing i dont remmember.

Back then, i actually scaled up the ranks and played like a freaking beast, i even recodnize names today and wonder to myself "did i ever face this guy?" or "i know that name... hmm" you know, i bet alot of ranked players do.

But then in the next minute, i'd be playing a game in a mod map, and lose in seconds because i made a derp move, so to be perfectly honest, in high skill games, mod maps are far harder to survive on, than regular, Hands down.

That tiny entrance?

you act as if you can kick my ass now, and the thing is, that supports what i just said, because you would, im not playing mod maps because im too scared to play regulars, because i've been there, done that, i play mod maps because against oponents like you, they are the more intense, tougher challenge.

to prevent early game derps, you needed to block that entrance FAST, at the same time, you needed sam sites to prevent even one jump jet from breaking through.

In an exploit free game, you need to be able to prevent a banshee or any aircraft from scout derping from the rear, top of the map, allsorts of stuff.

You need to scout the map 100% to make damn sure no random base is hidden in the middle of no where, preparing an emp to wallop your front door.

You need to build a fortified base to prevent a rush, almost right off the bat.

You can die to two freaking titans within the first 30 seconds if you arent careful.

surviving the first 5 minutes of a mod map is no easy task against a tough oponent, so i dont wanna hear anyone's mindless Dribble about how a regular map makes you better.

Your oponent, is your tool to learn, it begins, and ends, with your oponent.

The more adaptable your oponent is, the better he'll be on a random map, the more adaptable you in turn will become, new strategies are learned with every defeat, a defense, and an offense.

Calling Phenomena's response dribble, when you were the ruder of the two, was a major derp move on your part.

Stow it.