CnCNet 5 YR Update Released! Report bugs and give feedback

Rampastring

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah, OK. That makes sense. Thought it was a mod or something.

"vanilla", from "vanilla ice cream", generally means "default flavour". In terms of games, it generally means unmodded original, without anything added by expansions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_vanilla

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanilla_software

Though plain ice cream without vanilla (as it is often found in stracciatella ice cream) is pretty tasty, too  :laugh:

The map previews should be generated over time on the background as you play on CnCNet.

There never were separate clients, vanilla RA2 has never been supported and I can't see support being added anytime soon. An option for having RA2 rules in YR (and Yuri as unplayable) is coming though, but it won't make you able to play RA2 Co-op missions.

The colors of the AI players in co-op missions are coded in the missions themselves, they do not "adopt" the human players' colors.

Okay, thank you for the reply. I guess my friend and I were just unlucky lol, actually in hindsight both times it was when we picked red and yellow. I could probably find the original Red Alert 2 co-op levels online somewhere then, the main reason why I want to play those is that my friend is new to Command and Conquer, and they are decent for teaching him how to play. Each one gives the different commanders a slightly different strategy which allows me to teach him how RA2 handles naval warfare, tank rushes, etc. Still need to teach him that when superweapons are enabled that it's a bad idea to have all your buildings right next to each other. He keeps getting nuked lol.