CnCNet 5 YR Update Released! Report bugs and give feedback

Rampastring

Change log:

- A new, YR-style main menu

- Player name length is now restricted to 12 characters, fixing a critical bug that occured if your name was too long

- The UI has been revised to fit the website better

- You can now view and join games hosted for The Dawn of the Tiberium Age, Twisted Insurrection and (soon) Tiberian Sun

- DTA, TI and TS clients can also display and join YR games

- The client now displays icons next to player names on CnCNet to indicate with which game or mod's client they signed in with

- Improved logging and display of many IRC error messages

- The game host will now see other players' pings to the selected tunnel server when they join the game

- Added new settings window

- The game lobby will now remember its last window state (if you had it maximized, it will stay maximized next time)

- Quite likely something else that I've forgotten about

Game fixes include:

- You can now play with friends on the same internet connection

- In game alliances are now possible

Thank you to everyone who helped to test the new updates, the feedback helped a lot!

Also a special thanks to FunkyFr3sh, Tomsons26 and CCHyper for their combined hard work on important fixes.

Have fun! If you encounter any issues, feel free to post in this topic.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice update! Good job!

However, one problem: I can no longer play ANY of the custom maps (yrm files) that I had in the root directory of my RA2 game. It doesn't find them.

I also noticed the category "Battle" has been removed from the Game mode selection menu (or has been replaced by "Standard"). Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but maybe all my custom maps are category "Battle"? Please fix as I really only play custom maps...

To play custom maps, move them to the Maps\Custom directory. "Battle" and "Free for All" have both indeed been replaced by Standard, with the "Allow Ingame Allying" option controlling if alliances are enabled ingame.

(I know we discussed this in PMs, but for reference to others)

Crashed

20. 9. 12:07:54.340    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.3.0 by Rampastring

20. 9. 12:07:54.345    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

20. 9. 12:07:54.349    Reading statistics.

20. 9. 12:07:54.366    Unhandled exception!!!

20. 9. 12:07:54.368    ????????????????? DateTime.MinValue.Ticks ? DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks ??? DateTime?

???: dateData

20. 9. 12:07:54.374    mscorlib

20. 9. 12:07:54.376      ? System.DateTime.FromBinaryRaw(Int64 dateData)

? System.DateTime.FromBinary(Int64 dateData)

? ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.????????????????????????????????????????()

? ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.ReadStatistics(String gamePath)

? ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

About map categories...

Naval War:

• 'Wild Animal Park' and 'YR_Rekooooool' shouldn't be in this category
  • Isle of War, Little Big Lake, Cold War Breakaway, as well as many other naval maps should also be in this category.

Nukewar, Airwar, Duel, Teamgame (these 4 categories seem unnecessary at the moment):

• Nukewar - imo, should allow players to make nothing but Nukes (no tanks or planes or anything else). But I've never seen any such maps.
  • Airwar - This category should allow nothing but air units, but I haven't seen such a map.
  • Duel - Isn't this the same as Battle (which is now Standard)? Tbh I've never really understood why there was a 'Battle' category in RA2/YR because... aren't ALL maps for battle? :D
  • Teamgame - is the same as Team Alliance

Co-op Maps:

• Campaign 2, Map 1 keeps crashing.
  • The two REDZONES maps and YR_Rekooooool aren't co-op maps.

A good category to add is 'Survival'. There are some pretty fun survival maps out there.

Hi, the client always crash and kaboom. This is far worse than previous ver. Here is the log

20. 9. 14:42:58.979    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.3.0 by Rampastring
20. 9. 14:42:58.981    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring
20. 9. 14:42:58.981    Reading statistics.
20. 9. 14:42:58.990    Unhandled exception!!!
20. 9. 14:42:58.990    The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
Parameter name: dateData
20. 9. 14:42:58.991    mscorlib
20. 9. 14:42:58.991       at System.DateTime.FromBinaryRaw(Int64 dateData)
   at System.DateTime.FromBinary(Int64 dateData)
   at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.????????????????????????????????????????()
   at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.ReadStatistics(String gamePath)
   at ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

Hi, the client always crash and kaboom. This is far worse than previous ver. Here is the log

20. 9. 14:42:58.979    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.3.0 by Rampastring
20. 9. 14:42:58.981    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring
20. 9. 14:42:58.981    Reading statistics.
20. 9. 14:42:58.990    Unhandled exception!!!
20. 9. 14:42:58.990    The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.
Parameter name: dateData
20. 9. 14:42:58.991    mscorlib
20. 9. 14:42:58.991       at System.DateTime.FromBinaryRaw(Int64 dateData)
   at System.DateTime.FromBinary(Int64 dateData)
   at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.????????????????????????????????????????()
   at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.ReadStatistics(String gamePath)
   at ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

Hi Nugget - really sorry! What are you doing exactly when you are experiencing this crash?

Hi, i cant see the spots on the map preview :( :(

Hey,

In the game lobby? It may be that the maps are being generated in the background so might be a few minutes until it catches up. If it hasn't done so in 5/10 minutes let us know, and we'll give you further instructions

Getting an Error after installation (during the process it seems to run the installer multiple times)

20. 9. 11:58:34.643    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.3.2 by Rampastring

20. 9. 11:58:34.643    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

20. 9. 11:58:34.644    Reading statistics.

20. 9. 11:58:34.644    Startup paremeter: alternative resources directory

20. 9. 11:58:34.646    Unhandled exception!!!

20. 9. 11:58:34.646    Feld nicht gefunden: "ClientCore.CnCNet5.CnCNetData.AmountOfOfficialMaps".

20. 9. 11:58:34.648    DTACnCNetClient

20. 9. 11:58:34.648      bei ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????()

bei ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

my friend cant connect to cncnet lobby and keep getting this message

12047410_880708495353428_1990555846_n.jpg

Ask him to try a different nickname as a test - it could be that he's already signed in and the server hasn't removed him.

same, he still cant connect and I cant see the spot in map preview (starting location) halp pls  :laugh:

Hey admins/cnc net creators,

Just a heads up, I run my RA2 in an XP VM and when my client began updating, I was getting the error shown in the attached image.

After 3 hours and a fresh Origin reinstall of RA2, I still was getting the same issue. I found out that it was Avast's "File System Shield" that was causing the problem of the .dll not being able to update (I've got Avast Free Antivirus 2015 installed). Disabled it and it updated fine.

:)

Screen_Shot_2015-09-20_at_9_47.20_pm.png.0cb5e5b07ee79d1d62035b0fa785e962.png

To play custom maps, move them to the Maps\Custom directory. "Battle" and "Free for All" have both indeed been replaced by Standard, with the "Allow Ingame Allying" option controlling if alliances are enabled ingame.

(I know we discussed this in PMs, but for reference to others)

Yes, thank you! This fixed the problem! I have also updated my topic in The Repair Bay to state the same solution to this problem. Thanks!

Hi Nugget - really sorry! What are you doing exactly when you are experiencing this crash?

Its happen when i finishing my game and after I returned into the lobby, the client crashed and I cannot run it anymore until now.

Do you have CnCNetYRLauncher.exe in your game directory?

*UPDATE*

hello  :) there's some surprise in my friend's log file

20. 9. 21:45:53.233    Received: :eu.irc.cncnet.org NOTICE 178AAE7FE :*** You're banned! Try CnCNet forums.

ERROR losing link: ([email protected]) [G-Lined: b]

what happened ? he didnt do anything and yesterday we were playing together just fine  :huh:

Must've been an accidental ban. FunkyFr3sh just reverted it, try connecting now.

Hi, I downloaded CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe but when i try and run it I get a message box that says:

Kabooooom

Tiberian sun has crashed. if you were in the middle of doing something the operation has been cancelled.

Object ref not set to an instance.

Please see client.log for more info

if issue is repeatable contact the TS Staff at www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

Any idea what's causing the issue?

Untitled.png.a989403106b218ff0a4211299f0ee6a8.png

Hi, I downloaded CnCNet5_YR_Installer.exe but when i try and run it I get a message box that says:

Kabooooom

Tiberian sun has crashed. if you were in the middle of doing something the operation has been cancelled.

Object ref not set to an instance.

Please see client.log for more info

if issue is repeatable contact the TS Staff at www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

Any idea what's causing the issue?

Hi there - our apologies on that. Please re-download the installer at http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge and re-run. There was a bug in the installer that we have now just fixed.