CnCNet 5 YR Update Released! Report bugs and give feedback

Rampastring

Great update! major kudos to you for work. Yesterday I had lag issues (skirmish, I'm on Win 10). I tried to set VideoBackBuffer to "NO" and it fixed it but it was still a little weird, even at speed 5. I found a ddraw.dll laying around in this forum, along with settings for it's ddraw.ini file, tried it but it kept crashing Yuri. It seems this updated incorporates a ddraw.dll that works! now skirmish loads fast and the game is smooth as it used to be when my machine was under Win 7.

Starting the CNC Client, I noticed a very needed scroll-bar was added to the game-list, however it seems a little buggy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very good update, you guys did a great job! :D

Only thing I'm noticing is that CNCMaps keeps 'not responding' for me, and when I close it, it restarts and shows the message again.

Also when I try to start a Skirmish, I get the error message 'Screen mode not found: x=1536 y= 864 c=16.

EDIT: I also 'randomly' got an error in Lobby about that game couldn't access object NGameLobby or something.

This update is really cool with nice additions and changes, but so far there are too much bugs for me to enjoy the game, I hope you fix these things, I'll probably be back in a few days to see if they have been fixed.

Only thing I'm noticing is that CNCMaps keeps 'not responding' for me, and when I close it, it restarts and shows the message again.

It's the map renderer doing its job in the background. It's best to leave it be.

Also when I try to start a Skirmish, I get the error message 'Screen mode not found: x=1536 y= 864 c=16.

Do you have Windowed mode enabled in settings?

EDIT: I also 'randomly' got an error in Lobby about that game couldn't access object NGameLobby or something.

We already traced some of such issues, and will fix them this night.

About map categories...

Naval War:

• 'Wild Animal Park' and 'YR_Rekooooool' shouldn't be in this category
  • Isle of War, Little Big Lake, Cold War Breakaway, as well as many other naval maps should also be in this category.

Nukewar, Airwar, Duel, Teamgame (these 4 categories seem unnecessary at the moment):

• Nukewar - imo, should allow players to make nothing but Nukes (no tanks or planes or anything else). But I've never seen any such maps.
  • Airwar - This category should allow nothing but air units, but I haven't seen such a map.
  • Duel - Isn't this the same as Battle (which is now Standard)? Tbh I've never really understood why there was a 'Battle' category in RA2/YR because... aren't ALL maps for battle? :D
  • Teamgame - is the same as Team Alliance

Co-op Maps:

• Campaign 2, Map 1 keeps crashing.
  • The two REDZONES maps and YR_Rekooooool aren't co-op maps.

A good category to add is 'Survival'. There are some pretty fun survival maps out there.

Hi

The map categories were set up using the original map ptk file that defines map names and modes.

According to it it does belong there.

YR_Rekooooool isn't a official Westwood Studios map.

Game modes can be defined in the custom map file as well so that would be why it shows up there.

"Nukewar" wasn't even supposed to be there, now we removed it, Westwood scrapped it during development, there is no defined game mode for it in the executable because of that it does nothing and is just a plain Standard game.

"Airwar" was a official mode and specific maps exist for it, don't see why should we scrap it.

Tho actually i'm not quite sure it made the final cut, it seems the games string table is missing the description for it and that raises a eyebrow, we will investigate that.

'Duel" is now properly called "Land Rush", and it should have been called that in the first place. Westwood internally referred to as "Duel".

"Teamgame" is indeed a duplicate of "Team Alliance", is now properly called "Team Alliance" and the duplicate is removed now.

"Battle" and "Free for All" have both have been replaced by "Standard", the difference between them is that "Battle" allowed allying but "Free for All" didn't, we didn't find any other differences so instead we introduced a allow allying checkbox.

We will check out the coop issue.

There aren't any official maps called Redzone.

It's good enough for what it is BUT there's still that obnoxious scrolling glitch in the main lobby where you try to scroll down the list of users only for it to randomly reset back to the top. It's great that Meat Grinder, Mega Wealth, Naval War and Land Rush are now set up like they're supposed to be but I'd like to see it so that there's more official maps available under Meat Grinder. I really love that scenario but it seriously lacks depth in terms of available maps.

For the next update, I'd like to see more Game Lobby options (actually, mostly filters):

-All random Positions -- when enabled, make an expandable option so that on any setting except FFA, it automatically knows which team to place each player... or perhaps have choices like LvR, TvB, 3v1, 4v2 etc.

-Allied/Soviet only with two options: 1. Player/Host chooses country 2. Random

-Yuri only -- players cannot select a different country

-When crates are turned on, make these options available:

1. No Yuri MCV

2. Matching MCV from crates: The only MCVs that players can acquire from crates are the same as what they started with. For example, if someone starts out with a Soviet country, as far as MCV crates are concerned, they will not be able to acquire an Allied or Yuri MCV.

3. Be able to change the abundance of crates, perhaps have choices like this: A. Normal, B. Minimal, C. Double, D. Triple, etc. Imagine being able to play other official maps besides ToE where there's lots of crates!

-Miners From Factory First (up to 3): Before any other vehicle can be built, you must first build the minimum number of miners required, which is set by host. It'll still let you queue other vehicles but the game will not allow them to start being made until the last required miner is ready.

-No spying factories or barracks (primarily for ToE and possibly custom crate maps)

-No Navy

Tho actually i'm not quite sure it made the final cut, it seems the games string table is missing the description for it and that raises a eyebrow, we will investigate that.

'Duel" is now properly called "Land Rush", and it should have been called that in the first place. Westwood internally referred to as "Duel".

"Teamgame" is indeed a duplicate of "Team Alliance", is now properly called "Team Alliance" and the duplicate is removed now.

We will check out the coop issue.

Champion :)

Cant join the game server kick me

Log

21. 9. 16:03:00.987    ***Logfile for Yuri's Revenge client***

21. 9. 16:03:01.008    Client version: 1.15.2.9

21. 9. 16:03:01.030    Initializing settings.

21. 9. 16:03:01.134    Initializing updater.

21. 9. 16:03:01.138    Update mirror count: 1

21. 9. 16:03:01.139    Running from: CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

21. 9. 16:03:01.844    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

21. 9. 16:03:01.844    Selected OS profile: Windows XP

21. 9. 16:03:01.948    Processor name: Intel® Core i3 CPU      M 370  @ 2.40GHz (1 cores)

21. 9. 16:03:01.948    Processor name: Intel® Core i3 CPU      M 370  @ 2.40GHz (1 cores)

21. 9. 16:03:01.949    Processor name: Intel® Core i3 CPU      M 370  @ 2.40GHz (1 cores)

21. 9. 16:03:01.950    Processor name: Intel® Core i3 CPU      M 370  @ 2.40GHz (1 cores)

21. 9. 16:03:02.076    Video controller: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series

21. 9. 16:03:02.095    Removing partial custom component downloads.

21. 9. 16:03:02.097    Checking for the existence of FinalSun.ini.

21. 9. 16:03:02.097    FinalSun.ini doesn't exist - writing default settings.

21. 9. 16:03:02.098    An exception occured while checking the existence of FinalSun settings

21. 9. 16:03:02.104    Checking local file versions.

21. 9. 16:03:02.424    Writing installation path to the Windows registry.

21. 9. 16:03:02.434    Loading main menu.

21. 9. 16:03:02.752    Scheduling CnCNet live status parsing.

21. 9. 16:03:02.759    Sending pageview: http://dta.ppmsite.com/ga-yr-update.htm

21. 9. 16:03:02.848    Accessing statistics file.

21. 9. 16:03:03.285    Error accessing statistics. Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

21. 9. 16:03:03.286    Checking version on the server.

21. 9. 16:03:03.286    Trying to connect to update mirror http://rampastring.cncnet.org/yr/testupdates_new/

21. 9. 16:03:03.407    Downloaded version information, parsing.

21. 9. 16:03:03.410    Server game version is 1.58, local version is 1.58

21. 9. 16:03:03.416    File identifiers updated.

21. 9. 16:03:03.422    Checking if custom components are outdated.

21. 9. 16:03:04.900    Language.dll doesn't exist - writing default 800x600 DLL.

21. 9. 16:03:05.148    Saving settings.

21. 9. 16:03:05.156    Sending pageview: http://dta.ppmsite.com/ga-yr-cncnet.htm

21. 9. 16:03:40.744    Accessing statistics file.

21. 9. 16:03:40.821    Error accessing statistics. Message: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

21. 9. 16:03:40.822    Checking version on the server.

21. 9. 16:03:40.822    Trying to connect to update mirror http://rampastring.cncnet.org/yr/testupdates_new/

21. 9. 16:03:40.895    Downloaded version information, parsing.

21. 9. 16:03:40.897    Server game version is 1.58, local version is 1.58

21. 9. 16:03:40.898    File identifiers updated.

21. 9. 16:03:40.898    Checking if custom components are outdated.

21. 9. 16:03:41.569    Exiting.

It's the map renderer doing its job in the background. It's best to leave it be.

Do you have Windowed mode enabled in settings?

We already traced some of such issues, and will fix them this night.

Well the map renderer is pretty annoying with constant messages of it stopped working, hard to ignore.

Anyway I do have Windowed mode enabled yes.

When I launch the cncnet program I get this in a box that pops up that says KABOOOOOM at the top

23. 9. 23:12:50.623    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.3.2 by Rampastring

23. 9. 23:12:50.623    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

23. 9. 23:12:50.625    Reading statistics.

23. 9. 23:12:50.632    Unhandled exception!!!

23. 9. 23:12:50.633    The binary data must result in a DateTime with ticks between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks.

Parameter name: dateData

23. 9. 23:12:50.638    mscorlib

23. 9. 23:12:50.638      at System.DateTime.FromBinaryRaw(Int64 dateData)

at System.DateTime.FromBinary(Int64 dateData)

at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.????????????????????????????????????????()

at ClientCore.Statistics.StatisticsManager.ReadStatistics(String gamePath)

at ????????????????????????????????????????.????????????????????????????????????????(String[] )

When I goto the directory for the game, I find the text file in there that has that message in it. I delete it, the box pops up, I click ok, and it disappears and the red alter 2 menu comes up, says yr and cnc client up to date.  Why is it doing this?

Updated / installed onto a fresh First Decade DVD install on my windows 10 computer.

My map previews are showing up without start numbers or HD preview graphics. I'm getting the terribly small ingame loading screen minimap pixelated view.

All the custom maps are still showing the pixelated view, but do have the player spots visible in their correct locations.

Once or twice, I did see the proper HD views on all the maps, and starts, but the game never launched into the loading screen, it would just hang in windows on game tart.

This works fine on my windows 10 laptop with the free origin install.

Looking through this thread the map shown in Matt's post has the position numbers on the map, where as I do not see those on most maps, and the few times that I do, I only see one spawn point number, and it is not actually on a spawn point.  It looks like a few minor releases have come since then so did something break, or do I need to fix some settings?  I am using the Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge bundle from Origin though I could pull out my TFD disk and try that instead.  I am using Windows 10.  I can play the game fine, it's just annoying when trying to do the co-op campaigns with friends when we can't see what spawn points are where.

Speaking of which, some of the co-op maps have the computer players adopt the same colors as the human players.  Off the top of my head, Soviet and Yuri missions 1 do, while the Allies mission 1 gives the computer players their own colors.  It's not a big deal since the units are all different, but just a little annoying.  I do like everything overall it's just those minor annoyances.

On a side note, is there a way to play vanilla RA2 through it as well?  The download on the site still pulls up the YR installer, and I don't see any settings to switch to Red Alert 2.  I read somewhere on here that there was a classic mode setting, and that there were separate clients at one point as well.  I believe that Red Alert 2 had some co-op missions as well, I'd be interested in playing those again if so.  It's been long enough though that I may be confusing them with the YR ones lol.

The map previews should be generated over time on the background as you play on CnCNet.

There never were separate clients, vanilla RA2 has never been supported and I can't see support being added anytime soon. An option for having RA2 rules in YR (and Yuri as unplayable) is coming though, but it won't make you able to play RA2 Co-op missions.

The colors of the AI players in co-op missions are coded in the missions themselves, they do not "adopt" the human players' colors.