KABOOM? Post your error logs here!

Rampastring

I am playing with a friend of mine from time to time and we are amazed how well everything works. Thank you so much!

Yesterday, we wanted to bring in a third player. He is using a Mac and installed Bootcamp and runs his Windows from a USB stick. He isntalled Origin and Yuris Revenge from origin as well as the cncet client. He can join the lobby and chat but once he wants to join a game he is not allowed to because "this player might be cheating".

We reinstalled everything on all machines. Problem is the same: the player running windows from a USB stick on his Mac is accused of cheating by the software. An easy fix would be to ask the players if they neverthelesse accept the potentially cheating player instead of auto-kick him by the software.

We would truly love your help on this matter. (installing windows on the hard drive is not an option, unfortunately, and it might even not be the problem)

• 2 weeks later...

Get the kaboom message when launching a game, both skirmish and online.

"The cncnet client has crashed. Error message: (in dutch originally) you don't have permissions to perform this action."

Tried compatibility mode, run as admin , run at low res.

Cncnetclient log is attached.

Update:

ran launcher as admin

but now I get the message "Unable to set the video mode"

cncnetclient.log

"The cncnet client has crashed. Error message: (in dutch originally) you don't have permissions to perform this action."

Update:

ran launcher as admin

With unable to set video mode, make sure to set a resolution that matches your desktop reso - Go to Client Options > Display and set your game reso there.

Update:

ran launcher as admin

With unable to set video mode, make sure to set a resolution that matches your desktop reso - Go to Client Options > Display and set your game reso there.

My resolution is set to 1600x900 in client, wich is the resolution of my laptop monitor.

The game only runs when I select TS-DDRAW, but thats laggy like ****.

IE-DDRAW and default don't work and give the "Unable to set the video mode" message.

Any suggestions?

Update:

ran launcher as admin

My resolution is set to 1600x900 in client, wich is the resolution of my laptop monitor.

The game only runs when I select TS-DDRAW, but thats laggy like ****.

IE-DDRAW and default don't work and give the "Unable to set the video mode" message.

Any suggestions?

Are your video drivers up-to-date? Try setting renderer in client options to default, closing and completely deleting ra2md.ini in your game directory and trying again.

So my cousin is trying to login on Windows 10, and he got this in his cncnet.log and couldn't click the CnCnet icon after launching the game, meaning he only has the option to start a solo skirmish.

2. 11. 21:33:43.319    Initializing supported game list.

2. 11. 21:33:43.286    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.6.0 by Rampastring

2. 11. 21:33:43.292    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

2. 11. 21:33:43.294    Skipping reading statistics because the file doesn't exist!

2. 11. 21:33:43.319    Initializing supported game list.

I have a bit of a challenge here, it's running Yuri's Revenge CnCnet on Mac via wineskin, which is the software CnCnet usually uses to make wrappers for Mac versions if I'm not mistaken.

One potential obstacle is that I'm using the origin version, but I downloaded the game from PaulTheHall and tinkered with the wrapper 'cause CnCnet wouldn't start. I've tried installing .net 3.5 or later, the only difference is that this time I got an error message, I'll attach the client.log file here.

The really odd part is that I've been able to play the singleplayer of RA2 just fine so I dunno why CnC net is a problem. I dunno if anyone will figure it, just checking. Have a look at the file and make your own judgements, I guess.

client.log

I have a bit of a challenge here, it's running Yuri's Revenge CnCnet on Mac via wineskin, which is the software CnCnet usually uses to make wrappers for Mac versions if I'm not mistaken.

One potential obstacle is that I'm using the origin version, but I downloaded the game from PaulTheHall and tinkered with the wrapper 'cause CnCnet wouldn't start. I've tried installing .net 3.5 or later, the only difference is that this time I got an error message, I'll attach the client.log file here.

The really odd part is that I've been able to play the singleplayer of RA2 just fine so I dunno why CnC net is a problem. I dunno if anyone will figure it, just checking. Have a look at the file and make your own judgements, I guess.

My suggestion would be to use our Mac download for RA/TS, change the wine engine version to match mentioned in this topic and install net 3.5

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4719.0

Otherwise you could revert to Crossover - that works out of the box pretty much.

My suggestion would be to use our Mac download for RA/TS, change the wine engine version to match mentioned in this topic and install net 3.5

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4719.0

Otherwise you could revert to Crossover - that works out of the box pretty much.

Turns out all I needed to do was install dotnet20sp2, which I didn't know I could do since usually when you install older dotnet versions you get error messages.

I guess this is a lesson for other Wine users, INSTALL dotnet20sp2. It's crucial.

Well, there's a slight visual error where letters are like, squeezed together or however to describe it, that makes it hard to read stuff. Here's a screenshot:

SkArmavbild_2015-11-03_kl._20_55_59.png.c8e8e525b7cab1173d7f5f85270e992b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I started the install, and right after the installation it started to update.

The update fails with the message that there were too many retries for a specific file. In the log it complains about a non matching identifier. I'm on Windows 10, I figure that's where the problem lies?

<snip>