Helper positions available - please come forward

Guest neogrant

I sent a PM to Tore quite a few days ago and haven't gotten any response. I was looking to take up a role helping newer players learn ToE crate matches, perhaps host training games. I've been working on a revision of the infamous "ToE Handbook" that's on XWIS as it is in major need of updating, among other things. If any of them read this, I'm planning on sending it around to other ToE experts and seeing what sort of input they have to offer. Hopefully by the time it's finished, there'll be a training section on here to post and therefore be readily available for new and intermediate players to read.

• 3 weeks later...

I can help with ffg maps like Evb and how you're supposed to move mcv to hill there. Played some Sedona sovwars w/ no air etc and a lot of people followed rules and enjoyed it. Other maps like facedown where you're supposed to move to middle and you get the picture. I'll throw around whatever tips I know. One major tip I have to give out is to hit TAB to ally. Instant noob give away when they don't know how to do that. I got a ton of survival maps I think i'll play and pass out sometime this week.

Pretty much I can help with activity and training newbs.

Pretty much I can help with activity and training newbs.

That's what is needed most right now, it seems.

Getting the newbs to understand the different teaming styles, that'll get them hooked on the game and then will have Yuri's Revenge GG paradise for a while.

I'm thinking we need separate groups that can help in different ways. For instance a group name in the lobby saying you are an "Expert" or "TechHelp" might be approached like...

- "Tech Help" allows players to approach you about game/client related problems.

- "Expert/Pro/Trainer" that's allows players to approach you wanting tips on how to play.

What do you think, any ideas?

I think that's a pretty solid idea permitting the rookies/newbs understand what's going on. How would they know to approach these players?

From what I see, I see a lot of very very raw players who are experiencing the game, and if we  can show them how great it is to get hooked on to say, TOE, East vs. Best, Sedona games, then they will stay and be around and get better. If they just get owned in random games and yelled at, theyll probably just leave.

Everytime I'm on I try to host games like this and explain to everyone whats going to happen prior to the game happening.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get through too often.

Example: I host EvB and explain that everyone has one oil derrick to get to help out eco. I tell them to try to defend their pinch points (bridge area, etc) and work as a team. Usually one person ends up stealing 4 of the 6 oil derricks and the games over in a few moments.

Nevertheless, the true joy of the game is the 3on3 team game with sovs/allieds working together with their units to defeat the other team, so I keep trying.

There's more than enough videos on YouTube, info on the web, but rookies aren't worried about that, they just want to play. So yes, we need to be there for them when they are in game and softly explain what they are doing wrong.

Well I think, we may be able to create lobby groups that are highlighted for such, so they can either approach you directly or you call out. YuriBot could also announce your presence if you joined the lobby. E.g "Game Experts are online, give them a message for tips!"