(Wht)Quicksilver 1v1

AchromicWhite

A map all about field control, spread out tiberium, on a large map.

There are some chain link fences blocking an early attack path, but they wont stand up to a lot of fire power (remember that tanks can fire over the top of these, too).

Haven't done much testing of it, so I might update it at some point. Stay tuned!!! :D

FVNBDYL.png

whtQuicksilver.bin

whtQuicksilver.ini

Looks awesome, dude!  interesting use of space.  I am sooo going to try and cheese a chinook into someone's base using all the outside cliffs ;)  I'm at work right now so I can't dl, but I trust you removed all the little patches of snow before converting to the snow theater?

exactly.... I had converted a winter map to snow and all the straight snow blotches caused graphical errors.  temperate will pretty much seamlessly convert to snow, but winter doesn't share quite all the same tiles. iirc just those snow blotches.  Unrelated, but possibly useful in the future:  you can overlap and mash-up road tiles in the temperate theater and they'll look perfect, but when you convert it to snow it will likely look like sh*t because of the slight differences between the theaters.

Well, no; snow patches obviously can't exist in a theater where the default ground is already snow :redalert:

Note that in my XCC Editor tutorial, I put a note on how to view temperate maps as snow in XCC Editor.

Actually the latest incarnation of XCC simply has snow included as a theater.  You can view/make maps without having to do anything :)  And it may be an idea 5+ years too late, but it would've been cool to have converted the winter theater to snow just inverted those little patches to be dirt poking through the snow.  It would've added a little more contrast to the ground.  Not that the theater doesn't kick ass now, just sayin'

Actually the latest incarnation of XCC simply has snow included as a theater.  You can view/make maps without having to do anything :)

Oh, that's right. I should really update that topic...

And it may be an idea 5+ years too late, but it would've been cool to have converted the winter theater to snow just inverted those little patches to be dirt poking through the snow.  It would've added a little more contrast to the ground.  Not that the theater doesn't kick ass now, just sayin'

You're forgetting a small detail... none of us "made" the Snow theater; it's just converted from RA1. The only actual edits I did were to make the actual passable part of the river crossings look one cell wide instead of two, since that's a difference between those crossings in RA versus C&C1.

I tried to open it in XCC, but it just came up with a blank screen, if I had it the theatre set to snow.

Well, if anyone can download the map and get a screenshot of it in actual snow theatre, I'd be happy to have the proper screen shot of it. Just upload it to imgur and send me the link, would be awesome.

Thanks.

Yes. Once it's set by XCC Mixer all the other programs can use it.

Make sure to start XCC Mixer in Administrator mode, though, or it won't be able to write any settings into the registry.

(This is a general truth. XCC Mixer doesn't work well unless ran in admin mode)