Cannot Play YR or Tibsun in window mode?

BlazeHedgie

Question

I made a post about this problem in the YR section, however I'm really wanting to record this game and I even downgraded to windows 7 so I could get the games to play in a window. However when I re-downloaded all the cncnet launchers they were updated and have lost the option to run the game in window for some reason. When I try to change the ini file to run in window mode, it just changes it back before the game launches and forces the full screen. Please help.

7 answers to this question

" downgraded to windows 7" from what? The games need 16 bit colour mode set to run windowed, and as far as I know, only win10 offers that as simple compatibility option.

Your issue with the config files getting reset seems like a whole different issue. Are you running the game as administrator? Where is the game installed?

Also, you can start the game windowed just by making it launch with the "-w" command line option. (or is that -win? Not sure...)

Tiberian Sun doesn't have window mode support atm

At least the TS spawner that I use in my TS package (as well as the DTA and TI spawners) reads Video.Windowed= from the [Video] section and runs in windowed mode if it's set.

Yes, normally that works but i had to remove it to prevent the build anywhere cheat

" downgraded to windows 7" from what? The games need 16 bit colour mode set to run windowed, and as far as I know, only win10 offers that as simple compatibility option.

Your issue with the config files getting reset seems like a whole different issue. Are you running the game as administrator? Where is the game installed?

Also, you can start the game windowed just by making it launch with the "-w" command line option. (or is that -win? Not sure...)

downgraded from 8.1 lol. the 16 bit issue is why I got 7. I've tried -win/-window it still doesn't work. I am used the origin version which might be why, but I know with the old launchers it would launch in a window from the cncnet client.

Tiberian Sun doesn't have window mode support atm, but for yuri you can add the following to the ra2md.ini file

[Video]

Windowed=Yes

Make sure you don't have the game/cncnet/config or anything else running that reads/writes to the .ini while you change it

IT WORKED THANK YOU!