Official WW Maps - Glitches Fixed

Humble

Every single change, no matter how small is listed.  Maps are opened in Final Sun, fixed as listed below exactly, and saved (using existing map preview) with a (glitch fixed) tag at the end of the name.

It would be nice if the community could review my changes and help get these as the official versions, as ONLY the GLITCHES are fixed, NOTHING else.

A River Runs Near It:

-Problem: Top Right starting position has a glitchy cliff section, so you have to manually control every single harv to get the tib behind the upper right corner of your base, without your harvs glitching and stopping.  It is not possible to send a unit from your base, to the land above and to the right slightly of your base, because the cliffs are glitches, which causes the units to pause in their tracks and not move to the location you sent them to.

-Fix: Painted in a new cliff ramp edge to replace the missing tile.  While editing this map, I noticed an extra cliff face to the right of BM base and fixed that as well.

rr1.jpg.d2afb18c88f26a57c96f0ffab191f7f3.jpg

rr2.jpg.52571cc6ee81fc1428368f82422f43bf.jpg

rr1a.jpg.ffba3b968a00e7ae6bae066ad52a4beb.jpg

rr2a.jpg.4e5f71879b7c631745d37a473c279b16.jpg

arivruns2.zip

Terraces:

-Problem: All starting positions have a way to build out of there base, but Top Left position is forced to 'toggle' build to get over the cliff and expand.  Many players have no issue with this, but with some setups some players literally spend 5 minutes straight trying to expand up the cliff, while other much more important action is taking place around the map.

-Fix: Added coloring under the inside of the cliff in Top Left base allows the player to place buildings under the cliffs and expand naturally without having to 'toggle glitch'.

terr1.jpg.d93a23ed16adff377158bf65f99a2dd3.jpg

terr2.jpg.603fe402054eaa000bc171ba8b298e5d.jpg

SCRN0078.jpg.f59d980150aa022d1d8169df4b3fe407.jpg

terrace2.zip

Desolation Redux:

-Problem:

Middle right starting position has two glitches in the cliff as well as in the landscape connecting to it so that when he sends infantry to the left of his base to guard the bridge, the infantry freeze in their tracks.

Top right's expand has a glitch in the cliff which causes the harvs to freeze when trying to go to the tib.

While looking at this area, I also noticed a hill on the cliff with a glitch in it that would freeze units on those cells.

-Fix:

Carefully re-did both cliffs and the hill.  The fix could not be the EXACT same cliff features, due to the original being the cause of the glitch, but I re-created it EXTREMELY closely.  Top right's expand had a tiny bit of blue tib in the way of the fix, that had to be moved to the top of the hill and an extra patch on the ground, because in FinalSun we cannot place tib on hills or the game will recon.  Money is still exact same amount.

-Note:

I used the 'clear' tool in FinalSun to hover over the effected area so you can see the ground under the cliffs that needed fixing.

deso1a.jpg.7ce3abd5fe257e2b3ac16a6044eea0c1.jpg

deso1b.jpg.9e3db466e0adcc1e3674c3f0baade5f8.jpg

deso1c.jpg.0fc83d184d5ec4ef4950ae62c22924f1.jpg

deso2a.jpg.5800c72d9c8b638ac1c512ade124543d.jpg

deso2b.jpg.2bd45f53ad9ff8d76958a32e980fba84.jpg

deso3a.jpg.4bacc5cef7c89eafb701536df425a1d3.jpg

deso3b.jpg.db626cc3327270367fc0334a91b5efaf.jpg

desolar2.zip

tbh rarely have i come across an OS or someone decent on said OS that cant operate tl terrace. TR river is definitely an issue. and deso i dont know  of what u speak         

Yeah I usually don't mind toggling out of TL either, but honestly sometimes it goes faster than others and in a real close game it can make or break the game for some people.

Regardless, the fix is simple and is done by coloring the ground, don't even have to change the cliffs.

See attachments for info on Deso...

1.jpg.ea7ff85d6b2d8079dcee763820c588da.jpg

2.jpg.e97ecba76735a5308534ce96e836324e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to turn off the storms in the ww map storms?

If yes, please do so.

Me & island405 will be forever thankful.  :)

This thread is about fixing the issues in WWs maps not changing the way they are played.

That said tho, a checkbox for Ion Storms in the client probably should added cause don't see why not.

Is it possible to turn off the storms in the ww map storms?

If yes, please do so.

Me & island405 will be forever thankful.  :)

This thread is about fixing the issues in WWs maps not changing the way they are played.

That said tho, a checkbox for Ion Storms in the client probably should added cause don't see why not.

Wonderful good sir. I apologize for any inconvience but me & humble have an understanding. I'm sure he won't mind. Many thanks to humble from me & island405.    FOREVER TS

im for never glitching no type of nothing never so yes that tl rezz thing cost me a few games i was all confused and trying to build out cuz i saw other people had done it sooooooooooooo yeah...but make new maps say new maps or make old maps disapear some how but if thats to much stuff then no so yeah no

a lot of these maps are not fair because of tiberium amounts and placement. some people have clear advantages with more tib and better expansion tib than others. if you wont fix this then no point fixing other things since itll never be fair.