About the 1.90 Update

Dominus

Hey guys,

I'm having problems about installing the 1.90 update of Cncnet software.

The error is ;

When is on %53 total progress and %96 about the file named cncnetclient.dat.

The message is : Error getting updates : Too many retries for downloading file CnCNetYRLauncher.exe , Please see the file Launcher.log for more details.

Also there is no file named as 'Launcher.log', i have tried re-installing the CnCnet software but i keep getting the same error message,

I got Bitdefender Total Security 2015 for the antivirus and firewall software, also at first the software showed message as 'Launcher.exe_u' has a virus named Gen:Variant.Kazy.764953.

But after that I have disabled the Bitdefender and tried to reinstall and make the update but when it is on update process it still gaves the same error message.

Appreciate if you guys can help.

Can't play YR.

Regards,

Dominus

Hey guys,

I'm having problems about installing the 1.90 update of Cncnet software.

The error is ;

When is on %53 total progress and %96 about the file named cncnetclient.dat.

The message is : Error getting updates : Too many retries for downloading file CnCNetYRLauncher.exe , Please see the file Launcher.log for more details.

Also there is no file named as 'Launcher.log', i have tried re-installing the CnCnet software but i keep getting the same error message,

I got Bitdefender Total Security 2015 for the antivirus and firewall software, also at first the software showed message as 'Launcher.exe_u' has a virus named Gen:Variant.Kazy.764953.

But after that I have disabled the Bitdefender and tried to reinstall and make the update but when it is on update process it still gaves the same error message.

Appreciate if you guys can help.

Can't play YR.

Regards,

Dominus

I have the same problem cant play any more after 1.9 up date windows 10 operating system.

Error says to many retries look at launcher log any help please.

have reinstalled yuri cnc net still no good. got permissions in place worked fine until update.

I think I found a possible culprit to the issue. Today I launched the cncnet client. I Hosted a game and within a minute the client unexpectedly disappeared right at the time I received a prompt from MacAfee anti-virus stating some file was quarantined for my protection. After trying to re-launch the client, I get a message saying "CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit www.cnc-comm.com/fommunity for support."

I'm not sure if the anti-virus software is the issue but this may be a possible hint. All I know is that as of right now I too am unable to play cncnet. I'll try to restart my system and see if this fixes it.

Just checked my quarantined items under MacAfee and indeed it has quarantined "cncnetyrlauncher.exe"

Only problem, after I restore the file and attempt to launch the client I now get a KABOOOOOM message saying

"The CnCNet Client has crashed. Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified.

See cncnetclient.log for further info. If you can reproduce this crash, please report it to the mod/game authors."CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit www.cnc-comm.com/community for support."

I then rechecked my MacAfee quarantined items and again it continues to quarantine the same file. Only now if I try to launch it gives me the same message I initially got "CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit www.cnc-comm.com/fommunity for support."

Anyway to fix this?

Just checked my quarantined items under MacAfee and indeed it has quarantined "cncnetyrlauncher.exe"

Only problem, after I restore the file and attempt to launch the client I now get a KABOOOOOM message saying

"The CnCNet Client has crashed. Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified.

See cncnetclient.log for further info. If you can reproduce this crash, please report it to the mod/game authors."CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit www.cnc-comm.com/community for support."

I then rechecked my MacAfee quarantined items and again it continues to quarantine the same file. Only now if I try to launch it gives me the same message I initially got "CnCNetYRLauncher.exe not found. Please visit www.cnc-comm.com/fommunity for support."

Anyway to fix this?

For now you could allow/mark the file as safe so it doesn't get moved to quarantine.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/4/3081/GUID-D8455535-C698-4BCC-AC38-1FFF46501FEB.html

I've sent the most recent update to Norton and I'm gonna do the same for future updates from now on (I wonder how long it takes them to process it?). It doesn't really bother me too much having to exclude the file everytime it gets updated, but I think if everyone can do the same and send the updated files to the antivirus companies, it'll help everyone else, especially the new players who might be a little skeptic about CnCNet thinking that they might get a real virus.

Guys I have seen the topic by Grant the Administrator as ;

If CnCNet has been blocked or flagged by your anti-virus its down to it being a false positive detection.

What does this mean?

Often enough anti-virus software will detect a file being malicious due to either:

- It being a new file that it's not seen before or is not common enough.

- Is down to the way we protect the software from being decompiled.

This is nothing to worry about! You can often remove this block by allowing it as an exception to your Antivirus firewall.

To help us stop these alerts, you can also submit a report to your antivirus software company to say it is false positive.

Thanks!

And I have opened the Bitdefender firewall rules,

And let cncnetyrlauncher.exe and cncnetclientyr.exe's permission to 'ALLOW' to any protocol and any network but still getting the same error !!

So my problem is unfixed for now..

Update !!

I have done complete uninstall of cncnet software, yr and ra2 and bitdefender.

I have started installing by ra2, yr and cncnet software.

Once I opened the Cncnet, it has done the update and I was able to play !

But when I tried to install Bitdefender, it has deleted the CnCNetYRLauncher.exe because it is containing a virus.

BASICLY, THERE IS NO WAY YOU HAVE 1.90 UPDATE AND BITDEFENDER 2015 AT THE SAME TIME !!

ADMINS MUST FIX THIS BUG OR ERROR AND MAKE A NEW UPDATE !!

I CAN'T PLAY !!!  :( :( :( :(

I have tried to disable the firewall and antivirus process but its still the same..

Bitdefender is a hardcord antivirus software and not flexible (if thats the right definition) software as the others..

Please make a update !!!

We're looking into possible solutions, in the meantime are you able to download this?  If you are, place into your RA2 directory with CnCNet.

http://rampastring.cncnet.org/yr/testupdates_new/CnCNetYRLauncher.exe

I have tried to disable the firewall and antivirus process but its still the same..

Bitdefender is a hardcord antivirus software and not flexible (if thats the right definition) software as the others..

Please make a update !!!

We're looking into possible solutions, in the meantime are you able to download this?  If you are, place into your RA2 directory with CnCNet.

I've tried it, still antivirus is blocking the connection.

Please make a update !!!

I've tried it, still antivirus is blocking the connection.

Were you able to download the file?

SOLVED !!

Complete uninstall of YR,

Installing YR to a different folder (C:\Westwood\Ra2),

Disabled antivirus and installed CnCNet,

Made exclusions to all cncnet files,

And updated,

And enabled the antivirus software !

It seems to be OK for now !