Recon Errors and players not connecting.

XXxPrePxX

more and more often I am getting recon error on games (especially survival / custom maps).

Worse, I am having many 6-player games not connect to one player. It's almost every other game this happens.

This wasn't happening a month ago for me.

Logic would say its the new players on their OS or something occuring on their end and not the server.

But man, this makes it very hard to enjoy playing.

Discuss?

another recon error, this time on artic circle and happened mid-to-late game.

Does that mean someone turned on cheats?

I got recons a lot of times on cnc. Always makes me think someone turned on a grozaa trainer. Usually the recon happens in a game changing moment like a weather storm ready...weird.

Another thing happened in a game I played on dune recently vs someone, the guy was soviet and his miner just blew up randomly. It was a rare bug I think.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a cheat. It can be a cheat, however. To this date, nobody can just tell what caused it through the sync#.txt files even though S-T/XWIS always liked to have you believe that. You can only tell who caused it in a game with more than 2 players because then you will have (depending on how many players were in the game) 2, 3, 4 or 5 sync files incriminating the one who caused it. Unless the one who caused it and another player were to edit their sync files.  :)

grozaa

It's "groza" with one 'a', and it's synonymous with "horror" in any balkan language. Though I'd translate it more with something like "it should be feared".

It's "groza" with one 'a', and it's synonymous with "horror" in any balkan language. Though I'd translate it more with something like "it should be feared".

Kinda right, kinda wrong. For starters, Greece and parts of Turkey are on the Balkans, so the correct term you're looking for is 'Slavic/Slavonic' language. Original old meaning of 'groz/groza' is 'storm', preserved in Russian and probably in some other Slavic languages. It also means 'impending', but only when it is used in conjunction with 'doom', 'danger', etc. Pretty clear why - a storm in the sky is basically something bad waiting to happen, hence the evolution of the term to mean 'shit's gonna go bad'.

Haha, cn2mc, you're very right about that. For me the Balkans is where I'm from, it's where I was born, it's where my Slavic brothers are. But equating Slavic languages with Balkan languages is wrong - as you said, Greece and part of Turkey are on the Balkans too and I have Slavic brothers in eastern Europe and even Asia (Russia) as well!  :)

I think dread is a pretty good translation for groza in any Slavic language.  :D 

Thanks for the knowledge King Alex.

:cncsmirk: