Issue with the new update today

ThXFoRDiE

Question

Hi,

Looking for some help regarding the new update.

Ive downloaded your update correctly when I launched the client.. However, there's like no people online in the server ive been set.

My friend and several other peopel confirmed that they joined the "normal" server with alot of people on.

The server im in has like 20-30 people in it.. So im not the only one having this problem.

Im pretty sure some are not aware of the problem and think the game isnt just active as that time.. (= you'll lose players this way imo)

Yuribot just keeps spamming 'there's a new update so restart your client'.. People are just restarting over & over again, ending up in the same server issue. Your (bot?) yuribot also does this..

Your admin (hardman) is also in this channel but he just seems afk as he's not responding on private messages or regular chat.

My question is, are you guys aware of this problem? Is there a way to fix this problem yet?

I checked my server stats with my friend and we're both on same level when trying to connect.. Somehow it works for him, and doesn't for me.

I get this (error??) when joining the channel.

[16:56] eu.irc.cncnet.org 178AAVWKA *** Skipping host resolution (disabled by server administrator)

[16:56] eu.irc.cncnet.org: Your host is eu.irc.cncnet.org, running version InspIRCd-2.0

Hoping to get a reply asap to enjoy playing the game again.

21 answers to this question

the host issue is fixed for me, im now on the 'normal' server like everyone else..

However.. when trying the game today.. as stated as above.. the game is laggy as hell. Games pop up uber slow, u cant even see if u ready up or not because of lag?

This update you guys did have some serious issues.

Hi - have you tried quitting the client completely, and re-opening?

I'm having the same issues,, I cant log into the server after the update happen.

Hello - sorry to see you're having trouble still!

Could you try the following instructions https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache and let us know how you get on?

I did Successfully flush the DNS Resolver Cache. I restarted game and reinstalled no luck on logging on. I keep getting error message: I'm going to try to reboot computer and see if that works, and yes I did disable antivirus program.

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Looking up your hostname

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Checking Ident

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Found your hostname

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** No ident response

I did Successfully flush the DNS Resolver Cache. I restarted game and reinstalled no luck on logging on. I keep getting error message: I'm going to try to reboot computer and see if that works, and yes I did disable antivirus program.

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Looking up your hostname

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Checking Ident

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** Found your hostname

[6:40 PM]  AUTH *** No ident response

That looks completely normal, just wait a few seconds after those messages and you should be properly logged in.

the map upload download thing I think is gettin worse

In what way? The map uploading/downloading should be fixed.

a while ago i was able to join several games where some of us got the failed download message thingy.

That should be resolved, check you're running the 2.02 (Currently latest build)

are you guys aware that the lobby system/joining/kicking and whatever LAGS like hell???

Its really taking away the fun to start a game, atm is just drama..  :boring:

Hello,

The latest updates have seen the client move to a new and more reliable server.  This also means there is a stricter protocol for the client to follow and connect. We're working as much as we can and adapting as fast as we can to rectify these little bugs.

It won't be long until the client is back where it was, but we ask you to be patient while we address the bugs. Please report any new bugs you come across that haven't been mentioned in this topic: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=5224.0

I've locked this, please refer to the pinned thread in the Yuri's revenge forum.

Thanks guys!