What to use for Video

SupaFly

• 1 month later...

Use OpenBroadcaster to capture, set the software to use custom FFMPEG encoding with lossless x264 at 4:4:4 YUV, audio at highest possible value. Set it to run x264 at ultra-fast with lossless. After the video is captured have it re-encode to x264 losless again at slow or veryslow (and have it COPY the audio track in the original losless capture, not re-encode audio). Also upscale to 1440p if capturing at 720p and resize to 2160p if capturing at 1080p. That will give you nearlesss encodes on YouTube. The only issue is that YouTube re-encodes videos to use 4:2:0 chroma color compression, so colors are (especially red ones are very blurry). You need to upscale to get decent bitrate and good quality on YouTube.

Use OpenBroadcaster to capture, set the software to use custom FFMPEG encoding with lossless x264 at 4:4:4 YUV, audio at highest possible value. Set it to run x264 at ultra-fast with lossless. After the video is captured have it re-encode to x264 losless again at slow or veryslow (and have it COPY the audio track in the original losless capture, not re-encode audio). Also upscale to 1440p if capturing at 720p and resize to 2160p if capturing at 1080p. That will give you nearlesss encodes on YouTube. The only issue is that YouTube re-encodes videos to use 4:2:0 chroma color compression, so colors are (especially red ones are very blurry). You need to upscale to get decent bitrate and good quality on YouTube.

I copied this and put it in my notes and am going to try and make heads or tails of it over the next few days & see if it will even work for my setup

Much better, will be even much,MUCH better once I iron out the rest of the kink's...still have a lot to tinker with. This will keep me busy for a while. If anyone has any suggestions they can query just from watching please let me know(this shits kinda intense for someone who can only relate it to commercial, 4 color process, offset web presses as experience lol...this is harder!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p4ih54lZ44