Public Beta Leaderboard now closed

Grant

CnCNet Leaderboard Public Beta now closed

A big thank you to everyone who has participated in our testing period of the Leaderboard. 

During this time we've uncovered lots of scenarios and bugs which will help us towards a new stable release. We are now able to look forward at implementing some exciting new changes, including the addition of Leaderboard support for Yuri's Revenge.  The Champion pages will be updated soon to reflect the last few months of ranks.

Meanwhile, please leave your feedback and suggestions, and what you would like to see in the first release.

Personally I'd do away with the 3 game per day limit against someone but better implement free win shit. Ts needs a moderator specifically who plays ts at a higher level. Like humble. Someone everyone trusts and who knows the game.  I'll go further into detail about ladder issues when I'm at a pc. I'm on phone atm.  For now please update the Champions pages . 2 months with no updates looks like xwis..

Im happy to see a ladder on cncnet, as are many people, but over the last few months during the "beta test" the ladder has not functioned to an adequate standard in my opinion and i hope the issues are looked into and fixed before the actual ladder begins. I know this has been a so called "beta" but simple things like the ladder resetting on time, in this months case it didnt reset until the 3rd, well its a bit sloppy lets be honest. I had 4 games which didnt even record onto the system as did other people who iv spoke to over the past few months. Also last month the ladder went down for over a week and i must say it had a huge effect on its activity, obviously during the down period, but after the ladder was back up on the 21st, barely anyone bothered to play and sat out the last week in which the ladder saw barely any activity.

Im actually suprised cncnet chose to reset the ladder at this time, because in just 5 days of it been active this month, people had almost reached the amount of points, that it had taken an entire month to gain previously, the activity this month was great and we saw more players participating in the ladder and playing on cncnet solely to compete in the ladder, playing and speaking to people i learnt this. I was also a little mad about the reset as i was rank 1 haha, but nevermind.

I also hope to see the past champions page updated and i hope for small improvements like, resetting the ladder on time and updating the past champions page on time, as these do make a huge difference. Thanks and i hope for the best for the future of CnCnet.

I know it's unfortunate we had to close the beta for now, but as you said it has had stability issues and some technical issues we need to iron out. This also gives us time to evaluate the feedback and take actions without making big changes during active ladder season that would upset players.

The one biggest reason for this action was the overall stability of our servers which you have probably noticed like getting through to our forums and ladder results not going in. This is now being addressed hopefully this weekend to first get the forums better available.

Thank you all for participating and being part of the active CnCNet community!

• 2 weeks later...

Roger that! Thanks for the quick reply there man! Been playin this game since it was released in 1992 on and off mostly against AI but I still recall the old 56K Modem and all its connection issues lmao.

Thanks for getting this geam renewed I really have enjoyed playin it some players can still get my heart to tickin and keep me on the edge of my seat.

Muddvain

• 2 weeks later...