(Idea!)We need to make a commercial

rabidsnypr

We need to make a commercial for CNCnet. Like you see on tv for toys and videos games. Add clips from like dune and command and conquer with Kane talking to you as the commander  and so on and the kids are like "Whoa!" etc.  A narrator talking about to the games are in high def now go and download the game from this site and play against your friends. and shows online game play footage of the kids playing the game. and at the very end have it say Download for free at CNCnet.org and have the Cncnet symbol underneath it.

Like one of those quick 30 to 45 second long commercials that you would see on television to get you pump and gotta go play it. throw in some subliminal messaging, build your base, conquer your enemy. ect.

I have plenty of ideas but i don't have the talent to create them or materials. I'm sure people on here can put this together and make it happen.

I think it you be badass IMO.

Discuss?

Many sucks and fucks in that post, but still skirting the point. Good or bad, there already is an ad that is almost exactly what you describe. The narrator is obviously artificial on purpose, probably a text-to-voice program too. I agree, it would be cool if it sounded better, like the original EVA perhaps.

But I also like it how people here always misinterpret the term 'professional' as in someone being good. Newsflash! There are a lot of bad ads out there made by professionals. What makes those people professionals is that ad-making is what they do for money. Just as good players here aren't really 'pro', because none of them makes a buck out of it. So now, the general point of this post should be: make a new and better ad, BUT ONLY IF you think this one isn't working well enough. I think it actually is because it drives the point home quite effectively, but if someone wants to make a new one, I'd gladly contribute ideas for the narration. But finding a good narrator and a proficient video editor that can really make it flashy like you want will be much harder.

PS - the status secion of the 'professional' site has been dead for a few days.

PPS - 'educated video'? In Soviet Russia you educate video.

I've been musing over this for a few days, since ads, shows, etc. are what I actually do for money. If we really think a new ad is needed, we need to know how to target it properly in order for it to be objectively better than the old one, i.e. to bring in more people. Server statistics are readily available so we know where players are from, how much they play, which games they play. There is some basic player profiling in chat and here in the forums, and the next step would be to launch a series of polls, here, in chat, and in facebook, with questions like: 'how did you find out about cncnet', 'when/which game did you start playing first', etc. Maybe launch a series of regular streamed events. Like 1 hour of TD or RA every Sunday, with a dedicated observer joining the best availabe 1v1 or 2v2 games to stream them in a peak hour...

There are many ways to go about advertising cncnet, but a new ad should be specifically targeted at newbies and/or hardcore RTS players of other classic games, like BW, TA, AoE. Maybe put a slightly bigger accent on the historical significance of the games, perhaps add support for one of the Dune 2 clones. The thing is, to get any actual result, this has to be first researched, and then discussed, not on the forums but in a dedicated chatroom between a smaller circle of people.

The current message is basically "download them and play, it's fucking easy!", that is also the entire point of the revamped site and cncnet in general. Until now, this line has been successful, what would be the new one?

A video with:

- A human narrator.

- Up to date logo.

- Up to date information.

Should do the trick, any takers? Those who don't want to speak and are talented at video creation can do the video, and someone can speak over the top.

• 1 month later...

A video with:

- A human narrator.

- Up to date logo.

Should do the trick, any takers? Those who don't want to speak and are talented at video creation can do the video, and someone can speak over the top.

yea for real, This needs done asap.

• 3 weeks later...

A video with:

- A human narrator.

- Up to date logo.

This would be great , my opinion personally is if you could get the ad as close to ClashofClans ads as possible , they have a closeup of bombers etc even tho you dont (really) see them up close. plus thats the target market of cnc games also i assume. but great idea for sure, also, not knocking the ads creator above, but the green text box is just not enticing enough. i thought the voice was okay.... if the ad was good enough it would do a sweep across facebook at least once, easily 5k extra players to fuck