WINDOWS 7 C&C TIBERIAN SUN HELP!!!!!

JustNeedHelp

Question

I'm using windows 7 and have a physical copy of the game tiberian sun, I installed it all is good, but when I want to play the game it loads and nothing happens, tried the online solutions of changing compatibility and giving it admin still wont work. I came a cross from the CnCNet youtube page where they had a download link that would fix the problem, downloaded it, it created a different desktop icon and had a different launch, anyways when I click play offline I go to a black screen but can hear music in the background, if i press 'Esc' and 'Enter' several times ill be at the front screen but wont see any icons if I hover my mouse over it I can hear it but cant see it. Thank you in advance.

4 answers to this question

I'm using windows 7 and have a physical copy of the game tiberian sun, I installed it all is good, but when I want to play the game it loads and nothing happens, tried the online solutions of changing compatibility and giving it admin still wont work. I came a cross from the CnCNet youtube page where they had a download link that would fix the problem, downloaded it, it created a different desktop icon and had a different launch, anyways when I click play offline I go to a black screen but can hear music in the background, if i press 'Esc' and 'Enter' several times ill be at the front screen but wont see any icons if I hover my mouse over it I can hear it but cant see it. Thank you in advance.

Hello and welcome,

https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun

If you scroll to the bottom of this page https://cncnet.org/tiberian-sun, you can click Download Single player, and this should install into your existing tiberian sun directory. It should allow you to then play offline.

Due to certain updates in Win7/Win8/Win10 it is possible the copy protection the game uses will no longer work on these operating systems. Since Tiberian Sun is freeware, it's advised to just use the downloadable no-cd freeware version.

Topic moved, by the way; please post in the correct forum section.

Thanks for the feedback, but I did try that download (the "DOWNLOAD & PLAY (WIDOWS OR MAC)" right?), nothing, the game launches but all I get is a black screen. Is there anyway to get the full game, online perhaps, the same version as the CD? Thanks again.