Need a little help with TS for MAC

JBDK92

Question

Hi there,

I just found this site and instantly got really excited. I used to play TS as a kid 12 years ago but since it never was made for mac, i never really played it since. Until now! However the app (or whatever it is) doesn't quite run like i want it to and if anyone here can help, i'd appreciate it.

1. My game is extremely slow. I noticed that it happened after matching the resolution to my screen (which happened to be the highest option). I saw a thread where someone explained that you could do a couple of things such as changing the driver to mac driver and so on, but where do i do that?

2. Single player doesn't work. Maybe that's just intended but if not - what do i do?

3. I get a error saying memory wasn't found when i create a new game. It still creates the game but i'd like to know what it's about.

4 answers to this question

hi!

1. My game is extremely slow. I noticed that it happened after matching the resolution to my screen (which happened to be the highest option). I saw a thread where someone explained that you could do a couple of things such as changing the driver to mac driver and so on, but where do i do that?

What resolution did you choose? Try 1280x720, that should be more than enough for this old game and hopefully runs smoother.

We are still tweaking the settings for tiberian sun, there was an update just recently that improved the performance but we didn't get any feedback yet.

You can change the settings via the wineskin winery, a free tool you can download here: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

Here is some more info about the settings you could try: https://www.controlcommandescape.com/how-to/make-wineskin-games-run-more-reliably/

Another option is playing around with all the settings in the config program, there are all kinds of rendering settings you can try + graphics patch etc.

2. Single player doesn't work. Maybe that's just intended but if not - what do i do?

Single player is not yet included, it might be added later but we need to get the multi player part working properly first. We don't really have anyone to maintain the mac download and that's why we still don't have it working properly sadly

3. I get a error saying memory wasn't found when i create a new game. It still creates the game but i'd like to know what it's about.

Can you copy/paste the exact error message? This is probably not an error message added by us, so I can only help if I know 100% the exact wording of it. A screenshot would help too

EDIT:

I found a problem that occurs when you change the resolution! Please open the config program and enable DDWrapper, this will fix the problem and you game might run fast again even with the highest possible resolution. Will update the download ASAP

Hey again,

Appreciate the answer and the effort you guys put into making this. My game is now slow with whatever resolution option (even the worst resolution) but i'll try the things you mentioned and will update after

The error i'm getting is "MD5: No acces to memory location"