do cncnet really know what ping is??? for this game

pingping

just to highlight to mr funky:

you made the ping exist where all the player can see. when they saw my ping they kicked me out. currently im using fibre. i dare to say anyone on fibre wont lag generally but funky use ping to measure one lagness is really ridiculos. why? if one player is far from all the player lets say im from australia and the rest from europe ..my ping will definitely will be high to the host as in a team game but i dont lag cos im on fibre. so what is the purpose of implementing the new measures funky? i play this game back in 2013. but now i call it off cos this horrible stuff. what you should be looking at funky is if one using wifi or not cos if one use wifi will have a good ping but he is lag.. this u should make a changes. idk if that possible. or maybe u can highlight one using fibre so players know he aint lag even though his ping is high. i hope u see the point..cos my english is poor. not my mother tounge anyway. and one more thing did u realize that some pros still using the the tunneled to play. this is a small community which maybe 600 plus tops for now the pros already recognize each other who are lag n who are not. so why implement this tunnel things? it work fine in 2013-2014 i can say.. lastly ping dont gauge if one lag or not.. but what the playerss got for their pc..

The ping doesn't matter that much indeed, I recorded some test games with high pings to check how the game behaves, here is a video with 300ms delay in both directions (600ms ping):

Note: the game always starts off slow, it takes a few seconds to calculate the average reponse time and speed up as you guys might have noticed already while playing, don't mind the first seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMottSRjwyE

What really matters are the other 2 stats, jitter and packet loss. Here you can see a video with less ping but I added some random jitter and packet loss on top:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGFCoDihuZo

Packet Loss makes the game overall slower and jitter adds the annoying stop and go lag.

These 2 videos might not be the best example since I didn't actually move units around and play, I will upload some better ones later.

They should not kick you because your ping is high, if someone is going to lag then a warning messages will show up:

"XYZ has a unstable connection to X Players..."

The message shows up if the important stats are too bad (jitter and packet loss). Tell them about it, link them to this thread here, they should only kick players if this warning shows up

There is one exception though, if the host likes to reduce the delay and unticks the "Lower FrameSendRate" checkbox then playing with high pings does not work that well.

Note: the game always starts off slow, it takes a few seconds to calculate the average reponse time and speed up as you guys might have noticed already while playing, don't mind the first seconds

It also starts slow because you don't have a power plant yet.

Packet loss is a nasty one if it occurs to often.

My previous provider caused me to have 20% packet loss. Which was deadly for the FPS that I was playing.

I rather play with someone with 1 second of ping, than packet loss or jitter.