DDOS ??

DaDaDaDaDa

Hello everyone , How's your day going ?  ;)

I'll make this short , I was playing some games of RA last night with my bro , having a few drinks and what not

And the next minute I was completely DDos'd offline , modem sent into retard mode.

Couldn't hard reset , so I just watched some films with him ,

Anyway , Fibre optics back up , but now i can't connect to Red Alert , saying the forums are not responding and looking for backup.

I'm confused...

Don't have much time to play this weekend either way , but I wish i could...

Most humble regards,

DaDaDaDaDa

umm... you don't seem to know what DDOS is. It's not something that happens to people. It's something that happens to websites.

People can also be attacked, and it has happened in the past on CnCNet. It's why I haven't implemented P2P support into my client.

umm... you don't seem to know what DDOS is. It's not something that happens to people. It's something that happens to websites.

Wrong.

People can also be attacked, and it has happened in the past on CnCNet. It's why I haven't implemented P2P support into my client.

Correct.

However, I'll go out on a limb and just blame it on his internet provider.

It's all about politics and money. Who the hell would bother with CnCNet? Why do you need CloudFlare?

There's a lot of money involved and anywhere where money is involved, security and availability is a concern and priority.

You don't get to a point where you are RaNk #1 on a computer game or run a platform like CnCNet without screwing people over and making enemies.

[glow=limegreen,2,300]It's a pipe dream, guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ0R_657HLk[/glow]

Really? Who the heck would bother with that?

About 2 years ago a DTA staff member got (D)DOS'd after playing a game with someone (CnCNet IRC didn't hide IPs back then). That someone had told him that they don't like Germans and that they're going to DOS him. A few seconds afterwards he lost his internet access for a while.

People don't need a rational reason for behaving like idiots.

The best thing you can do is talk to your internet provider. If it is indeed a DDOS they may be able to identify it and help you.

Hey, no it's not my isp , i can see LiveStream link for Ferret , so the lobby is live , don't want to bother anyone about this , i'm sure this shit happens all the time , forget about it

The best thing you can do is talk to your internet provider. If it is indeed a DDOS they may be able to identify it and help you.

Hey, no it's not my isp , i can see LiveStream link for Ferret , so the lobby is live , don't want to bother anyone about this , i'm sure this shit happens all the time , forget about it

Can you PM FunkyFr3sh on the forum to check if there's a ban on you?

Hi Grant, can you tell me the method of PM'ing , i can't seem to view messages , please

Hi Grant, can you tell me the method of PM'ing , i can't seem to view messages , please

According to Rosssi there are no bans issued on you. I'll link Funky to this thread to help you further.