C&C Tiberian Bullshots

Milkey Wilkey

One day I stumbled upon this picture:

JaKubcySqcc.jpg

And I thought "WOW what a greate picture! Too bad it's too small". And I hoped to find it in a better resolution. And I did! But not quite the way I expected...

I found a shitload of bullshots slightly different from one another. I have seen em before, but didn't noticed, that the hud is not the only difference

RACiHjSNlxQ.jpg8E2iDHxlVzw.jpg

this two, aside from different hud depicts MLRS in a slightly different pose and launching a missile that is not present in the "full" picture. the frame is also a bit larger from the left side

rJ9TJGajT9E.jpg

this one is probably the real shot

a83-r10itzg.jpgoJdHIfKw4dM.jpg

BUr9poi0DhU.jpg

these three are identical aside from hud, but the conyard didn't has the explosion photoshopped on top of it. MLRS in the same position, as in the "full" picture. the frame also a bit larger to the right

fzvWevtChhE.jpg

another probably real one

Iule0xWuxAM.jpgZHzmfPjS-d0.jpg

6gR0D_mQN0c.jpg

Funnilly enough, the minimap is flipped horisontally on two of thouse.

the frame is also a bit larger to the bottom and to the left.

and thouse power plants photoshopped on top of the tiberium field! taken directly from the upper part of the map

So here we are. 9 bullshots out of a single image. whoa, they really knew how to do a marketing job

Originally they came from my archive i guess.

The faded ones/messed up ones were in CMYK, i recovered those from gaming mag pdf's.

You can find a lot more on

https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413

while picasa is still online.

WW did a lot of bullshots, i recently got a lot more WW assets in general, including bunch of takes on some RA screenshots.

But you'll get to see those only when the archives are moved to its new home, as Picasa is going down soon(it should have been actually since 1 of may but for whatever reason google's taking longer to do it) and can't be edited.

The UI in the really early TS shots was just copy pasted from UI concepts, the actual UI was just the RA UI at the time.

It was either pasted for the sake of having a UI in the screenshot or to cover up the RA UI.

Originally they came from my archive i guess.

The faded ones/messed up ones were in CMYK, i recovered those from gaming mag pdf's.

You can find a lot more on

https://picasaweb.google.com/113361105083292812413

while picasa is still online.

WW did a lot of bullshots, i recently got a lot more WW assets in general, including bunch of takes on some RA screenshots.

But you'll get to see those only when the archives are moved to its new home, as Picasa is going down soon(it should have been actually since 1 of may but for whatever reason google's taking longer to do it) and can't be edited.

The UI in the really early TS shots was just copy pasted from UI concepts, the actual UI was just the RA UI at the time.

It was either pasted for the sake of having a UI in the screenshot or to cover up the RA UI.

Actually it is from your albums, you have some duplicates though, so I didn't include every shot

I wonder, did this map made the final cut?

also judging by the real photos it seems that they alredy had working interface by this time