This pict really confused me

AnastasRA1

Hello people.

I was surfing through the net when i came across this picture (heli.PNG).

[glow=red,2,300]It is from RA 1 for playstation 1[/glow].If you look down you see something like a heli pad

while I'm sure it was a "turn" button to change the special weapons  :S (turn.PNG)

(1st pict from ww.ign.com,2nd from a gameplay)

Any explanation ?  :redalert::tibsun:

I guess they thought the helicopters needed their own icon and the ability to fire super weapons are placed inside the super weapon icon...

Also PS1 Red Alert Retaliation was my first C&C game along with the N64 version of TD... Though very outdated I always go back to them. <3

Also PS1 Red Alert Retaliation was my first C&C game along with the N64 version of TD... Though very outdated I always go back to them. <3

Me too. First play of C&C was Red Alert Retaliation Allied disc. Also bought N64 version of TD when my local Showtime USA quit N64 games. The N64 TD left me wondering if we could rip the 3d models..

I guess they thought the helicopters needed their own icon and the ability to fire super weapons are placed inside the super weapon icon...

Yes maybe you're right but do you remember which version used to be like that ? (could it be from a specific country,or a former version undergoing play-tests)

TBH, Red Alert 1 on PlayStation 1 was pretty well playable with controller only.

I played it against my brother via link cable. Each one had his own PlayStation and TV. We used to do like 1 or 2 hours no attack and build 1000 Mammoth Tanks and Tesla Coils.

It was insane.

You had a mouse?!? Fancy.

With console RTS games, it's mouse or bust for me. I never had an PSX, though, but one of my buddies did. No idea where he got the mouse from; PSX mice where notoriously hard to get back then i our area. I didn't even know they existed before I tried his.

You had a mouse?!? Fancy.

With console RTS games, it's mouse or bust for me. I never had an PSX, though, but one of my buddies did. No idea where he got the mouse from; PSX mice where notoriously hard to get back then i our area. I didn't even know they existed before I tried his.

Had no prob with a controller and PSX. Use to know the cheat code by hart for Retaliation.