[YUMM or EWWW]: Do you like Tuna?

SiRaLeX

Hey Guys!

Just wondering, do you like Tuna?

I personally love Tuna fish, especially the canned brand one with Tuna fillets in Olive Oil, quite expensive tho. =/

When it's on sale I sometimes buy a whole box full of it!

I try to avoid eating all the Olive Oil with it though, but I can't help it, it's soo delish! Once I squeezed the Tuna with a spoon and poured the Oil away, to my dismay the Tuna ended up being very dry as I've seemingly also poured away all of its juice. =p

I'm just eating a can right now!

I know some people say it's full of Mercury and chemicals and stuff, but canned Tuna is actually not that bad I believe.

There is also tuna with water or sunflower oil instead of olive oil. The taste is a bit different.

The one with water is to avoid any oil. Think of it as a light variant of tuna. But tastes different, more fish taste if you will. I am not talking about the brine variant here. The one that I am talking about has a faster expiration date and does not contain extra salt. Which is a good thing. It's just plain water.

So, with water = good

with brine = bad

The one with sunflower oil is not that much different in taste compared to the one with olive oil, but this oil works a bit different on the body. Its a simple matter to try for a week to know which one of the oils you like best. Personally I like with this one.

I like your reply X3M, so I guess you also like canned Tuna.  :)

They do also sell Tuna "in its own juice" here, which I don't know what it is, probably water and I think it's disgusting.

I do like the Sunflower Oi version too, though, it tastes very similar to Tuna in Olive Oil but for some reason I always get the latter.

i like tuna best raw ..or even seared (Ahi) style.

WOW! That's savage!  :huh:  RAW!  O_o

I know that fish in Sushi is RAW and that Salmon is mostly eaten RAW.

Do you think canned Tuna is heavily or just lightly cooked? I mean on the outside it is usually somewhat yellow while on the inside it is mostly pinkish.

1 Canned tuna a day should be my goal. But it is relatively expensive compared to other fish and it is only a little can. Why is it relatively so expensive?

I also eat smoked mackerel. Much more fish for the same price. And stomach filling.

Only raw fish that I eat is herring. Once a year tradition. Which tastes very good.

I have yet to taste raw salmon. But I am not very fond on that taste when it is cooked. So I am not expecting much from it when my first time sushi will arrive.

How do you guys feel about shrimps?

I even had some raw in the past in a restaurant. But mostly, I get them on a stick on BBQ. I eat them just as much as tuna.

How do you guys feel about shrimps?

I even had some raw in the past in a restaurant. But mostly, I get them on a stick on BBQ. I eat them just as much as tuna.

Quite honestly, I think Shrimps is disgusting.

I only eat it for the protein.  :D  But I do like breaded and fried giant shrimps in a tortilla-like wrap.  :P

===

Did you ever hear of the "Mantis Shrimp"?!