AI on skirmish maps gives up

shadowkungfu

Thanks for the reply, saves me from playing countless skirmish games in the vain hope of having a game last longer then 10 secs 8)

Though I must say, that is one painful bug, that skirmish button just teases me since I always wanted to play skirmish on the orginal TD.

I guess my hopes are dashed for awhile, any expected ETA for the next version?

Thx

Cannot say when I will have the patch ready I have been very busy in my real job and in my life in general.

Make sure to delete any conflicting scripts in you game data folder e.g. (Zero Hour/Data/Scripts). Using the improved launcher usually resolves this as it includes a cleanup utility unless you installed another mod that overrides these settings. Also make sure to play on the maps included in the Mod for best results as the AI is all new and may differ from the ZH AI setup.

Launcher improvement with cleanup utility:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux/addons/cc-tiberian-dawn-redux-v13-improved-launcher

• 10 months later...

Copied from the download page:

EASY MOD INSTALLATION:

Simply extract, copy and paste all the included files into the same installation directory that you installed C&C Generals Zero Hour into.

When you no longer wish to have in the Mod installed, you can just move or delete the respective files.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO MOVE OR DELETE YOUR SCRIPTS FOLDER IN THE ZERO HOUR GAME DATA FOLDER OR THE MOD SKIRMISH AI WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY!

(e.g. C:/Program Files/EA Games/Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour/Data/Scripts) THIS WILL NOT BE FOUND IN THE FOLDER LOCATED IN THE "MY DOCUMENTS" FOLDER! THIS IS WHERE THE ACTUAL GAME IS INSTALLED!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VERSION WILL MESS UP YOUR ABILITY TO PLAY ZERO HOUR AND OTHER MODS SINCE IT DOES NOT INCLUDE A LAUNCHER! However, you can copy your whole Zero Hour Game Data Folder and rename it "Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn Redux" and place the Mod files in there instead. Doing this will preserve your Original Zero Hour Game Data Folder and grant you the ability to play this Mod separately in a similar fashion that a standalone Mod would.

The Mod AI is in the 00_CCTDRDXAI.big file. (Or .tdr file if you are still using the Launcher which you can do as well.)