New Twitch Livestream page live

Grant

4 hours ago, YosefAnan said:

@GrantIf you allow us as a Youtubers to make a Livestream through this page and put a link or icon for Livestream in CnCNet client where players come to play that will encourage them to go Livestream, by this way this page will be full and filled with life with many screens of live streams channels of our community! ?

I did look last year to add YouTube support  To make it work we need to know the game title someone is livestreaming to determine whether to show it on the site or not.  Thats info isn't available from the YouTube API.  

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/live/docs/liveBroadcasts#resource

On 5/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Grant said:

I did look last year to add YouTube support  To make it work we need to know the game title someone is livestreaming to determine whether to show it on the site or not.  Thats info isn't available from the YouTube API.  

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/live/docs/liveBroadcasts#resource

Why not just have vetted streamers with guidelines on what to avoid?

On 5/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, [CC] RaVaGe said:

Why not just have vetted streamers with guidelines on what to avoid?

Could do what this original page did, manually maintain a list of YouTube streamers.  Wouldn't be able to categorise them into what game they're playing though, not reliably. Maybe you could search their stream title or description for keywords to know what game they might be playing...but I'm not sure thats reliable enough, and they'd have to know to put it in there.

On 5/10/2022 at 9:27 PM, Grant said:

Could do what this original page did, manually maintain a list of YouTube streamers.  Wouldn't be able to categorise them into what game they're playing though, not reliably. Maybe you could search their stream title or description for keywords to know what game they might be playing...but I'm not sure thats reliable enough, and they'd have to know to put it in there.

Right now we have a handful of active community streamers that should be advertised there to be fair as they do a good job and put in a lot of work.