Anti-Virus Detection (Ongoing issue)

ZOOLEX

I am getting a Virus Detection upon entering Matches online, even after exceptions, once updated the exception is removed.

The issue is being caused by, from what I understand, the usage of an insecure port found in windows.

The port doesn't get used by other things, hence CnCNet uses it.

So I urge that either the Developers use an alternate port, or inform the anti-virus companies that the application in non-hostile.

I am getting tiered of not being able to play CnC online.

I haven't played Red alert 1 online for a few months due to this, same goes for Tib-Dawn and Tib-Sun.

The only game I can get to work at all, is Red Alert 2 (YR).

Please fix this, and/or make a work around for local Peer-to-Peer games.

What port do you use? You can click on "settings->cncnet->game settings" to find it.

By default it is using 8054, if you are multiple players on the same internet connection then the port will be changed to a random number.

You can change the port via "settings->cncnet->game settings" if you like, any port of your choice can be used.

You can also play tunnel games in the Red Alert/Tiberian Sun/Tiberian Dawn just like in YR. (The ones without lightning bolt icon)

I never heard about such a problem, what anti virus program are you using?

I'm not quite sure what you mean with local peer-to-peer games since we already have the LAN option available for local peer-to-peer games.

• 3 months later...

What port should I use,

I managed to get it to work (sort-of), but when I connect to specific people, the CnCNet application crashes and the AVS goes mental.

This happens to all of the CNC titles that CnCNet is on.

See attached image for details.

It's complete nonsense, that's what it is. As it says, it doesn't even know what it is. Just make AVG ignore it. Modern virus scanners have the annoying tendency to be completely paranoid about any program they don't explicitly know to be safe.