Red Alert Crashes

eVo Nemo

Question

22 answers to this question

and another thing i am running the compatibility on Windows 2000, it is the only way i can get it to run. any solutions ?  ? ?

what do you mean it is the only way i can get it to run?  if you set it to winxp what happenes or any other compatibility besides  win 2000? and what do you mean it crashes 5 min in game? are you playing online and a count down comes on or are you talking about single player game or skirmish and the game freezes no mouse movement or nothing?

Windows 95 - Crashes to desktop - no error/just goes back to desktop

Windows 98 - Crashes to desktop - no error/just goes back to desktop

Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5) - "  SAME  "

Windows 2000 - Launches the Game fine - Freezes in skirmmish

Windows XP - "  SAME  "

Well Ra95 is known for alot of bugs and this is one of them on newer OS what i suggest is this but its a shot. It might work it might not. Go to your RedAlert Folder and highlight everything in folder/right click properties/compatibility tab and run it as win xp. I see what you said about what happens when its on xp but when your running Ra95 it needs to be on compatibility xp. And if that fails try a uninstall reboot and reinstall and set compatability to win xp and see what happens but hey its a shot in the dark every computer reacts differently to older games ;) hope the best of luck... leave feedback plz

First of all you want to update your posts or add new information use the "edit" button, don't double post!

Have you tried running the game as administrator?

Right click -> Run as Administrator

In case that doesn't work I'll check if the download has somehow become corrupted.

When I used Vista RA95 ran perfectly when I used Windows 98/Me compatibility mode and run as administrator, this even works in Windows 7 64-bit

you dont need the file anyway unless you going to try to play lan thats the only reason the file was made try removing it from the ra folder copy and paste it somewhere else and try to run the game without it and see if it runs correctly like tore said it might be a corrupted file.