Tiberian dawn Remix 1.43 will not start

MikeMurdock

Hello there.

I followed the instructions for the Tiberan dawn redux patch ,but now I run into a problem.

When I try starting it  it end up giving me this message

sQSLOH1.png

If it helps this message does come up (which it did before before the patch ,but it still runs)

7lidgwM.png

Here is what my folder looks like  post patch btw

fSgY8DH.png

It's strange this is giving me this problem even though my computer is clean of viruses( did a scan and found nothing) and my computer cna easily run Games on the latest cry engine  and heavy gear assault (which runs on the new Unreal 4 engine) with no problems o.O

It's not your computer or anything, its just some weird bug in SAGE. I get this too with Gen and ZH.

Go to Documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data, open Options.ini and paste this in overwriting the already existing content

AntiAliasing = 0
BuildingOcclusion = yes
DrawScrollAnchor = Yes
DynamicLOD = no
ExtraAnimations = yes
Gamma = 50
HeatEffects = yes
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MaxParticleCount = 5000
MoveScrollAnchor = Yes
MusicVolume = 55
Resolution = 1152 864
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 79
SFXVolume = 71
ScrollFactor = 50
SendDelay = no
ShowSoftWaterEdge = yes
ShowTrees = yes
StaticGameLOD = Custom
TextureReduction = 0
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseCloudMap = yes
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
UseLightMap = yes
UseShadowDecals = yes
UseShadowVolumes = yes
VoiceVolume = 70

One of the options in the ini makes the game go haywire, haven't checked yet which one and why, at some point ill take a look

Yup nothing so far x_x; guess I gotta wait then till you find out the problem

EDIT: gonna try one more thing. uninstall the mod and reinstall the mod

edit 2: well that did the trick ,but now it's giving me that direct x 8.1 error.. my luck XD . zero hour works fine though  :P just now the mod derping with the direct x thingy

Edit 3: the error came back. I think the error is cause by something of GenTools.  the base zero hour game works fine even on high settings

Edit 4: HUZZAH! I got it working by using the launcher starter (the one you use to force the mod so you can play on cnc online.net) and put the setting to low and it finally work.

It might have been the third party shaders or the 1920 1080 resolution mode that caused the crash if it still did it after a clean install. Deleting options.ini completely in the my documents generals folder also help reset the settings.

EDIT: Also delete that extra d3d8.dat and d3d8.cfg, I don't know how you got those extras created but they shouldn't be in there. It should just be either .dat or .dll not both nor a config file. Thats why its probably crashing on higher settings asit is part of the advanced shaders. You should also run the Repair ZH utility that was also included with the mod.