Cant install covert ops and 1.22 patch

Tiberian

I installed the free ccgold cd which ea gave fine on my xp and game works after i applied the xp patch from the westwood ftp and my version seems to be 1.04

But i just cant install their covert ops iso i found out that you need dos so i got dosbox and after some struggle i managed to make the cd to run the setup, saw the 5 sec e.v.a animation and it asks me for my directory but every freaking time i type my exact directory which is the default one btw (c:\WESTWOOD\C&C95) i keep getting a the game is not found in this directory error...

I saw nyerguds youtube video and he seems to install it fine with dosbox

so what the hell im doing wrong?

I read his post about the expansion that we only need to copy 2 files from the cd to "install" the addon but id want to get the installation to work not only because of some nostalgia act or something but also because in the readme it says if i install covert ops my game will be updated to 1.20... and when i just copy the 2 files my version is still 1.04 ingame.

My other problem is the 1.22 patch i found which seems official, i copy the 2 files patch.exe and patch.(forgot extension xD) to my game directory like the txt file tells me to do but when i run the patch.exe i see a fast doslike pop up that closes after a second and when i open the game my version is still 1.04...

Can any c&c pro help me i know about nyerguds patch and i have it on my modern pc i just want the latest version of the original ccgold along with the covert ops expansion on my old xp pc :)

Your problem here is that you're confusing the DOS and the Windows 95 versions of the game. They have separate version numbers.

C&C95 v1.04 is the windows port of the game, made on the code base of DOS C&C v1.22, so basically, these two can be considered identical in version. DOS C&C v1.22 = C&C95 v1.04.

C&C95 (aka C&C Gold, aka C&C Windows '95 Edition) never received any official patches; the actual game patching was all done at the time they did the port to Windows. (The XP fix isn't a real patch either; it doesn't change the version, and it basically just disables LAN instead of fixing it)

The installer of the Covert Operations is, likewise, a DOS installer, though as far as I know it should work on C&C95. Not that it matters; as you said, copying the two sc*.mix files does the trick. And indeed, on DOS C&C the rest of the installation process is just that it applies the v1.20 patch.

However, for playing C&C95 I advise simply installing the unofficial 1.06 patch instead. It will give you bug fixes, mission fixes, high resolution, No-CD capability, modern OS support, and includes all the game's official bonus missions: the Covert Operations, the originally secret dinosaur campaign, and the originally console-exclusive Special Operations from the Playstation and Nintendo 64 versions. All of these will appear in the New Missions menu.

Click the banner in my signature to get it  :cncsmirk:

Thanks bro that was extremely helpful i already played with your patch and only couldnt do some of the extra missions because they are hard for me im a noob i found c&c when i was like 7 and only played the red alerts but oh boy when i tried the tiberium games now at 22 i fell in love with them :D

Im trying to collect all c&c games and patches and the extras they had like official maps i preffer the original thing since it runs so good on my xp pc.

Did red alert had dos isos too like c&c1? i cant find the dos isos for c&c 1 and red alert 1 is it legal to ask for them here since those are free games now i would love to add them to my collection i like preserving history

Did red alert had dos isos too like c&c1? i cant find the dos isos for c&c 1 and red alert 1 is it legal to ask for them here since those are free games now i would love to add them to my collection i like preserving history

For Red Alert the DOS and Windows 95 versions are on the same CD.

Im trying to collect all c&c games and patches and the extras they had like official maps

If you want to collect the old DOS C&C patches... here they are:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/patches/cnc1dos/

i preffer the original thing since it runs so good on my xp pc.

Do note, on C&C95, the first two bugs I linked to with images in my post are both inevitable (especially against enemy stealth tanks) and completely game breaking (crash to desktop), so it's really not advised to play C&C95 without my patch.

You can configure it to play 100% like the original game anyway, in terms of behaviour and screen resolution.